The resurrection is never "closed"

StriperAddict

Encouragement by my brother (and yours) Eric Rukin, who loved too much to deny us this timely note. Enjoy.
---------------
During this time when churches are closed due to the quarantine, there is a lot of buzz now about whether the success of Easter Sunday is at stake and as a result, the progress of Gods work in bringing people close to himself, will be slowed down and may even come to a grinding hault!

Make no mistake that every bit of the religionists fear and consternation is well founded as religionists have told us for centuries that the strength of their and our connection to God is tied directly to our connection to church and let’s not kid ourselves, having an Easter Sunday is no doubt as dependent on our entering a designated place, as it is on needing an appointed holy day of the year.

Easter is definitely at stake!

But is closeness to God?

No sir.

That depends on the work of Christ for us, not ours for him in whole or in part.

Please hear the difference between the claim that tells us closeness to God comes from something we do or from something a church does in our behalf versus the liberating truth that Jesus finished that work for us and that he and his work are more than enough.

The truth about Jesus is that, because he finished a work for us apart from our participation, he does not depend on an appointed holy place or an appointed holy time of the year in order to make his work effective.

That is good news for us because it means we also don’t need to depend on an appointed day or a special place to enjoy the benefit, 365 days of the year, 24/7.

Would you join me in thanking God together that Jesus died and rose from the dead and because he did, you and me died and rose with him!?!

Having believed Jesus is enough, you’ll be glad you did.

#Itisfinished
#Jesusisenough
#celebration

Israel

BANNED
Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

So much for place.

But a time is coming and has now come

So much for when

when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him.

So much for how.

All the time...everywhere...really.

Last edited:

StriperAddict

Really? Says the skeptic,
Really! Shouts the child in Abba's arms. :)

Madman

Then can someone explain why Christ started a church if there is no need for it?

StriperAddict

Then can someone explain why Christ started a church if there is no need for it?

Christ is building His body, not a building. I've heard ad nauseam "welcome to the house of God" referring to folks gathering in a building made with hands. That's not the church. Believers in Christ are.

He gave some as pastors, teachers, etc., for the equipping of the saints. That can still go on wether we gather at homes, buildings or as we do today, saints gathering and sharing online.
Don't get me wrong. I too miss public group gatherings. (Especially if you're like me, a hugger, lol)
But where two or more are gathered, there He is in the midst of them. Ive been surprised ... yet quite delighted and encouraged in the faith as my wife and I have had live sharing and worship with online gatherings. That's still Christ's body being equipped, therefore I won't put His work in a box or building.
He's bigger than the tallest cathedrals. And so is the providence of the gospel.