Things May Be Getting Better - Ammo

Nimrod71

Ego is 100% dead on target. Money and sex runs the world and the big money let us think our votes count. Who finances politicians campaigns? I am sure every politician has the funds to shell out millions of dollars that only pays a couple of hundred thousand a year, if that. No, big money companies and individuals put up the funds to finance them. There is money to be made at keeping people at one anothers throats.

Now back to Ammo, I saw several boxes of Win. 308's today at a local store, price was $39.95 a box, 150 soft points. They also had some 357 mag too.. The owner said his distributor told him they would be shipping more over the next few months and the push was on for hunting ammo.

rugerfan

I work in the manufacturing industry. LABOR-LABOR-LABOR has been part of our problem, receiving raw materials is other problem. What we hear from our suppliers.... We are doing our best, but we have labor issues.

Getting people to come to work and stay for more than a month has been the biggest issue for the company I work for. Training people to use machines and welding , then have them leave 2 weeks after the training ends, isn't getting us anywhere right now.

Our customers are always asking: can we get is faster, the answer is just no, not at this time.

I have been saying this for years. Buy ammo buy ammo often . I have no ammo shortage. I continue to buy ammo when and where I can. It is like saving money . Don’t burn everything you got up always put some away for a rainy day.

WaltL1

I would agree, however it is not just ammo related. There are shortages across several industries that I don't understand. I hear the raw materials shortage claim from some companies I try to buy from. I've had a tiller on order with Bush Hog since the end of March and they still can't deliver. My 20 year old truck is about due replacement, but inventory of what I am looking for is few and far between. UTV availability is no where near the demand. It took weeks for the pellet grill I ordered to ship from the factory. My gut says it is supply chain problem for materials due to our reliance on limited sources and JIT purchasing.
Very efficient and cost effective when every link in the chain is running smoothly.
Hit any snag for an extended period of time anywhere down the line and you're in serious trouble.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I read an interview with one of the Ammo manufactures very early on in this shortage. He said lots of people got burned during the Obama error shortage. Went all in on expansion only to have demand fall flat. He predicted that people wouldn't expand this time. Just make everything they can while they can.

We looked into a very big contract for fabricating a tractor part. We cannot get the steel to build them with.

Lots of things going on.

I can tell you this. Theres no ammo at my local Walmart. Why? Because there's 2-3 guys who know when the shipments come in. There waiting and buy everything they put out.

Nimrod71

Just in time inventory programs have not helped except in operating expenses for business. I understand the concept and works fine as long as everything runs smoothly, but let a problem hit somewhere in the chain and things come to a stop.
Most manufactures I know of now all work on the Just In Time concept because it is good for the bottom line and produces more cash to the stock holders.

Dub

Just in time inventory programs have not helped except in operating expenses for business. I understand the concept and works fine as long as everything runs smoothly, but let a problem hit somewhere in the chain and things come to a stop.
Most manufactures I know of now all work on the Just In Time concept because it is good for the bottom line and produces more cash to the stock holders.

Spot on.

You just described my main source of headaches at work for the past 29 years in industry.

Latest posts