This cracked me up...

fishndinty

I am trying to trade into a new varmint rifle..here was my exchange via email from a guy up here (contacted through something similar to GON's swap and sell:

Mikey:Not sure if your interested I am looking to trade one of my varmint rifles it is a NEF 22 hornet with scope, this is a great gun I have used it for coyotes for years as well as long distance range shooting. If your interested let me know and what you are looking to trade.

Me: Mikey,
let me think on it....I was looking at .223 since the ammo can be had so much cheaper and I don't yet reload. Does it shoot well?

Mikey: Yeah the gun shoots great my furthest kill shot was just over 200 yards. It holds a tight pattern at 100 yards when I target shooting never more than 3 inch spread. Ammo is around 25 dollars or so for 50 rounds.

It holds a tight pattern at 100 yards.:hair:

Least he is honest ;)

cball917

and last time i checked the ammo case. 22 hornet was about a dollar a round if you could find it

tree cutter 08

the hornet is a good round for what it is. about 200yds is about all its got. i think you could find gun that would do better than 3in groups. my ruger with alittle work will shoot well under an inch with the right ammo. the shells will cost you though.