This ole boy ...

Nugefan

was probably sayin' some not so nice words when he was workin' on this one .... you can see where he turned it and hit it from every angle trying to get the stack off of it ....

Attachments

• MVC-088S.JPG
    MVC-088S.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 313
  • MVC-089S.JPG
    MVC-089S.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 315
  • MVC-090S.JPG
    MVC-090S.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 313
  • MVC-091S.JPG
    MVC-091S.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 312

bigox911

In the very short time I've been working at this...I kinda know how he feels :bounce:

Redbow

looks like one that I worked on for days, when I started it was about the size of a compact car door!

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
was probably sayin' some not so nice words when he was workin' on this one .... you can see where he turned it and hit it from every angle trying to get the stack off of it ....

I wonder what a cuss word was back then:rofl:

choctawlb

They always seem to get real small, real quick when you are learning to knap. to .:huh::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Ken

Willjo

Sometimes i think they left those fractures on there for a reason. Put that one in your left hand and put thumb on stack see if that would not give you more cutting pressure. Here is one that feels good in the right hand.

Attachments

• Scanned Photo-1-11.jpg
    Scanned Photo-1-11.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 264

bam_bam

Hey I think I spoken that language once or twice.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Hinge fractures are a pain. When you get a nice assortment like that, then you get the priveledge of callin` it a stack. Stacks are called lots of other things too. Next time we`re all together in person, remind me and I`l tell ya`ll some of those names. I`ll even show you some ways to get them off, that work, sometimes...

Lookin` at that piece, I can feel the knappers frustration.

I doubt they were put there for a reason though.

I would say it`s a nice piece, but it really ain`t ! :eek: :rofl: ::gone: