Tracking collars

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Not sure how that unit works you bought but it will serve you well especially being able to track them GPS wise. If the unit has a tone or a low shock setting use it to help with teaching him verbal commands as well. Good luck!

Mac

Following, in the market for my Son's squirrel dog.

Seeing good reviews on the Dogtra

Mac

Just ordered the Dogtra Pathfinder for my son's Mountain Cur.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I am a loyal garmin man when it comes to GPS and fish finders. Always been loyal to dogtra with collars and training equipment for retrievers. Don't think you could go wrong with either. If the dogtra is a little less expensive, I'd definitely try it

I use the Garmin Astro 430. Works up to 9 miles, not that I would want my dog gone that far. I also make my own maps and layers for other hobbies that require more specific filters. I’ve use the stuff on the phone, but you aren’t going to get the same range you get with those garmins with dedicated antennae. That’s what you are paying for.

ArmyTaco

They are good systems, I use the Alpha just because I am rough on gear and hunt mainly in the swamps were I don't always carry my phone. Battery life is amazing on them as well. I can hunt multiple nights without charging anything,

Whit90

Not hunting my dog as much as I thought I would... and I need a bigger boat motor for my jon boat, so I am selling some things.

Whit90

Price drop on my Dogtra collar in the classifieds if anyone is interested. Having a hard time getting rid of a twice used, pretty much brand new collar.

ArmyTaco

What are you asking? Look me up on Facebook Mccrary.christopher@gmail.com or Chris McCrary in Cochran. I can likely point you to some local fb pages for it.
Price drop on my Dogtra collar in the classifieds if anyone is interested. Having a hard time getting rid of a twice used, pretty much brand new collar.
Yo

I’ve got a 5 year old blue tick that absolutely hates squirrels. He’s not a tradition squirrel dog by any means, but he trees them all the time at the house, and he let’s me know about it too. I’d like to take him and see if we can tree a few and possibly bring a few home. Thing is, I’m afraid if he jumps a deer that he may take off after it and not listen to me. So I am curious to see if there are any decent budget options for tracking collars? Say around $200, max $250? I’ve search the net a good bit, but didn’t come up with anything. I really don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on a garmin, or something of the sorts, and him not actually hunt worth a dang. Thought I’d see if any of y’all knew of something. Thanks.
Get intouch with Dirty South Kennel Supply. They have a Fb and a website. Cory & Brittany Howe are the owners. They will hook you up with a tracking system of your choice