Tractor purchase

CraKaLaCKiN

I found a 2014 JD 5075E MFWD & FEL with 200hrs. This is a rental unit and is under full warranty and is considered 'new' by JD so it qualifies for 0%. JD calls these 'Gondola' tractors for whatever reason. I'm going to get the MX6 cutter also.

I'm probably going to use EverythingAttachments for my other implements. The dealership is even going to order/pay for them and roll it in to the financing. It'll be a blended rate on the attachments but still 0% on the tractor.

I hope to have it by the weekend!

Elkbane

You'll like the everythingattachments implements. Love my harrow and cultipacker. Great design and construction. The adjustment handle on the gangs takes all the work out of it - almost infinite adjustment, no pins to get stuck.
ELkbane

livetohunt

You'll like the everythingattachments implements. Love my harrow and cultipacker. Great design and construction. The adjustment handle on the gangs takes all the work out of it - almost infinite adjustment, no pins to get stuck.
ELkbane

I agree. I have a disc harrow, cultipacker, and heavy duty drag I bought from them...All work as advertised and hold up well.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Trigabby

Being in a similar situation as you, buying some land that needs some "TLC", I would really consider renting a Bobcat with a thrasher/clearing apparatus and take care first of your roads and other future food plot areas first. Then you can back up and decide on your tractor, etc..

I have a Kubota L4600; have had it now for 3 years and it is nicely used. It has put up with more than I ever expected and has done everything I've pushed it do to.. I just wish, in hind sight, that I wouldn't have beaten it up so much so early.. I know it'll be good for the long haul, but spending a grand or two for a weekend with a bobcat or catepillar with a massive ground clearing device would have been money well spent as well.

My vote : Kubota. I'm on my third.. Would I buy a fourth? YES, I'm already thinking of an MX7 series.. :D

Trigabby

Also, implement rating :

Bush hog.

Box blade.. Can do so much that you wouldn't believe.

Disk harrow. Heavier the better.. My L4600 uses my 1800# Howse with little problems.. I wish I would have bought that third...

Other's I've used a bit : PHD - old but useful, Rock rake : useful, but not used as much as I anticipated. Single plow. Great for use.. Have used it on all my plots but haven't had to in two years since it turned over everything I plant so easily. Big cone spreader is useful if you can get bulk fertilizer.

Trigabby

Oh, oh, oh! Just saw a post on the Food plot forum.. I forgot.. Get a subsoiler.. Use it... You will reap the benefits quickly.

jigman29

My buddy had a Kubota that he did driveway work and did some backfilling and all with.He liked the tractor but it didn't hold up and he ended up selling it.He had trouble with the transmission going bad.He,along with my father in law have been in the equipment business for decades and the went with masey fergusons and have never looked back.If it were me I would never get a tractor without a loader.You may not need it often but when you do nothing else will work.I would take my budget and subtract what implements I needed and buy the biggest one for whats left.

grouper throat

We use JDs and a small new holland. If I got a FEL then I would def get 4wd and a tractor without a FEL is about useless to me but my uses are different than most. I would get a belly pan/skid plate and it will save you trouble with the undercarriage. Besides a few busted hoses and some dings and dents, the JDs have been close to bulletproof and I work them hard.

A JD is a lifetime tractor, you will never need anything else if you maintain it. Ours are older late 90s models.

CraKaLaCKiN

ELkbane

I also have a cultipacker from EverythingAttachments and it is well built. I cannot wait until I get the heavy duty 98" disk harrow with (24) 22" discs!

CraKaLaCKiN

Being in a similar situation as you, buying some land that needs some "TLC", I would really consider renting a Bobcat with a thrasher/clearing apparatus and take care first of your roads and other future food plot areas first. Then you can back up and decide on your tractor, etc..

I have a Kubota L4600; have had it now for 3 years and it is nicely used. It has put up with more than I ever expected and has done everything I've pushed it do to.. I just wish, in hind sight, that I wouldn't have beaten it up so much so early.. I know it'll be good for the long haul, but spending a grand or two for a weekend with a bobcat or catepillar with a massive ground clearing device would have been money well spent as well.

My vote : Kubota. I'm on my third.. Would I buy a fourth? YES, I'm already thinking of an MX7 series.. :D

I've had most of the heavy lifting done already. I've had the fields cut, plowed and disked several times. I've also had a dozer on site for a couple weeks. I'm now in a position that I can maintain it with what I'm buying.

CraKaLaCKiN

You're going to regret that eventually. ;)

I hope you're wrong. It has a 5yr warranty on the gear box. I've also known the sales person for 25+ years. I also know the shop manager as well. I think I'll be good should anything happen.

This isn't going to be used for heavy lifting. My fields are now in good shape and I just need to cut grass/weeds and when I mow down the previous season's plots to put in new stuff.

But I'll certainly keep an eye on it and make sure to check it before/after each use and at the 1st sign of trouble I'll be on the phone to the dealer.