Trouble in Sandy Springs

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
That's all great until the teenagers Beemer gets totaled,then the attitude will change.
I saw the first road kill deer I’ve seen in quite some time yesterday. Quite a contrast to the late 90’s when “dodge a deer” was routine even in broad daylight

Tight Lines

I saw the first road kill deer I’ve seen in quite some time yesterday. Quite a contrast to the late 90’s when “dodge a deer” was routine even in broad daylight
We do have too many here in SS. They eat landscaping like it's going out of style...I had 10 does in the back this week shaking the feeder like hogs 'cause its out and I haven't been to refill it...

Jim Boyd

Let’s make it illegal to hunt (legally defined as killing or trying to kill wildlife essentially) in Sandy springs.

Name the law after the ones making the biggest uproar.

Give them what they want.

I know you are being facetious but I think we are all opposed to any addl legislation.

It is just a deer.

I will never understand the hysteria on either side of this issue.

If legal and ethical, shoot ‘em.

Jim Boyd

We do have too many here in SS. They eat landscaping like it's going out of style...I had 10 does in the back this week shaking the feeder like hogs 'cause its out and I haven't been to refill it...

Our place is in the middle of no where (rural SC) and they eat our landscape like it’s going out of style.

In a fenced 4 acre yard.

With miles of ag and plots all around.

Heck, they sleep in the yard.

They are just deer.

771371AE-8438-4A79-970F-5EEB621C8E72.jpegAE14D8E0-0CC9-4C38-AB14-23B1A759A865.jpeg4BBE46B8-7268-4223-9786-872F9E27B691.jpeg

weagle

I live in this area and the deer population is past the point were they need to be culled. There are plenty of places in the larger neighborhoods and behind commercial buildings where some cull stations could be set up. An elevated stand with feeders would make easy work of culling does. I would suggest selling tags for the stands and you have to kill and verify 6 doe kills before you are allowed to kill a buck. Killing 100 does per year from the big neighborhoods like Martins Landing and Huntcliff might make a dent.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Horn addicts ruining it for everyone.

Having a big set of antlers killed in someone's backyard, doesn't make up for their low self esteem and small ego's.