Turkey Hunting in Florida

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Sounds like 3 Rivers but there is a few other good size leases in that area as well.

93.000 acres and like 400 or so members, might be more but have always heard even if you just still hunted it you never had a issue with the deer dog folks.
Dropping names are we. No wonder we can’t have anything nice.
Did I quote that right.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Sounds like 3 Rivers but there is a few other good size leases in that area as well.

93.000 acres and like 400 or so members, might be more but have always heard even if you just still hunted it you never had a issue with the deer dog folks.

I believe that is the club that Forum member Swamp Hunter is in.

kingfish

The 2 NW Florida WMA's I hunt have a fair/good population. Problem is, like a lot of other big non quota Florida WMA's, they are prone to flooding. Since I hunt solo, I have to take into consideration the gators and cottonmouths. Point being is there is a lot of areas where turkeys will die of old age before they even hear a turkey call. They are there, just hard to get in front of.

jNick

I believe that is the club that Forum member Swamp Hunter is in.
Yep, Sandhill Hunt Club. Seen that post many times over the years lol. His wife “Big Candy” is a much better hunter than he is.

Last edited:

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Light primer strike can have a number of causes including primer type (Fiocchi primers are notorious among SXS reloaders), not fully seated primer, (strike is enough to push primer deeper without ignition), improper head space due to several causes, broken pin and or spring, and last but not least, bad luck--planet misalignment.. Gil

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I grew up pretty much on the SR 70 line…..man I wish I’d hunted more than pigs growing up! facepalm: