Tyty Nursery

gobblergitter

Has anyone here ever had any experience ordering fruit trees from Tyty nursery? Just curious. Any input, good or bad, appreciated.

shdw633

We got several crab apple and persimmon trees as well as muscadine vines from them and they guaranteed the trees to live for at least a year, now that being said they have all come to life and seem to be growing....just hope I'm on the lease long enough to enjoy them. I should say that we went to the store, we did not buy on line and have delivered.

cpowel10

I drive by them every day. They're ok if you go in and pick out what you want, but do not order anything from them. Terrible reviews.

possum235

Don't waste your money my order came with no roots on plants and all died

Ihunt

You've been warned!

Bob2010

Got a bunch of stuff from Isons. Took a while to get it but it all was packed well, moist healthy roots, I will order from them again.

Gamecock Fan

I paid $25 each for 2 Japanese Persimmons last year, both died. Contacted Ty Ty and while they do offer a 1 year guarantee I learned that I had to pay to ship them back for $25+ and pay a $25 return fee. You have to print a return document and send them the dead trees and wait for them to approve return. Would have cost me more to have them honor the guarantee than I paid for them!

sljones

I ordered a Bartlett & a Flordahome pear tree from them & after 4 years of pet & pampering, I ended up with two Bradford Pear trees. I was more ticked about the wasted time & work I put into them than the wasted purchase price. Never again will I order from there.

hardwoodshall

I second the Wildlife group as one of the best suppliers. I've planted hundreds of their trees. They will be the trees you ordered, they have all arrived in great condition, and Their customer service is excellent. They always allow me to pick the shipment week and honor it unless Mother Nature hinders the process. I probably wouldn't plant free trees from tyty because you never know what you'll get. Me and my dad have both bought trees from them and they have never turned out to be what they were purchased as. Never!!

ebr

Isons and TyTy

I've used both Isons and TyTy with almost identical results. About 70% of the trees survive two years and then they go. I thought I'd get fancy and try PawPaws and pomegranates but they died - Upson. Yates have been the bomb for me.

CraKaLaCKiN

Wildlife Group is awesome. We have planted over 100 trees from them and love them !

+++++ I have used BOTH Ison's & Wildlife Group. I think Wildlife Group has a better variety of different trees and their prices for 7 gallon containers can't be beat.

I'm going to Ison's in a few weeks and get some muscadines. They are very well known in the muscadine world and they have several patented varieties that they 'bred'.

I just put 30 fruit & 10 AU chestnuts in the ground a few weeks back from WG. I've already called and ordered 20 more AU chestnuts for Nov 2016 pickup.

fixitfred

I bought many trees from Stark Nurseries in the past. They weren't cheap but always excellent quality bare root trees. They also have a guarantee that I only had to use once.

I bought a tree and the roots looked deformed. I complained that they sent me that tree. They sent me a refund even though the tree did great.