UGA Football Player Dies in car wreck

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Sadly, this is the sort of thing that the masses seem to want. Reminiscent of all the Reality TV stuff of late.

Sex and Violins are big sellers in our postmodern society.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Coming from someone who has lost a child in an accident, give the parents time to grieve and the police time to sort everything out.

Bandwagon haters are gonna hate no matter what.
It’s a crying shame what grown people let football drive them to do. They’re butthurt so the knives are out and the fact that two people are dead matters none.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
It’s a crying shame what grown people let football drive them to do. They’re butthurt so the knives are out and the fact that two people are dead matters none.
Even to some on this forum. And these kids mean nothing to the University or Program is literally what folks in here are saying. She was nothing more than a piece of trash kept around to keep recruits happy. just sad...

buckpasser

It’s funny how 2 people or 3 or 25 people can read the same thread and gather something completely different from it. I haven’t seen any knives or hate, or disdain in this one.

I have read and expressed something other than prayer requests, but that’s not offensive when it’s about Damar Hamlin or anyone on any team other than UGA. Y’all need to lighten up a little. Even your AD can sense this deal doesn’t look good. Maybe positive changes will come from it. Maybe in the future the situation that resulted in young folks losing their lives will be used to enact policy changes that prevent it in the future.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Sounds like the car they were in was a rental, rented by UGA but they were not involved in UGA activities. Where does this go from here?
Why does it have to go anywhere? I mean what’s to be done about that since the people that did it are dead and the other is going to the NFL and who is going to do something anyway?

Resica

Why does it have to go anywhere? I mean what’s to be done about that since the people that did it are dead and the other is going to the NFL and who is going to do something anyway?
You don't believe since it was a UGA rental that some attorney will want to sue? Money, money, money.

buckpasser

I realize you’re not asking me, but it absolutely shouldn’t go anywhere, unless the girls are expected to go anywhere, anytime and get involved in who knows what as a recruitment staff member. At that point they are not on personal business, rather they’re on UGA business. If they are on UGA business and none of the families are upset enough to file a lawsuit, I guess it has no need to go anywhere at that point also. If it’s a UGA car with a UGA driver, especially if toxicology were to come back bad, I see a zero percent chance there isn’t a lawsuit/settlement.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I realize you’re not asking me, but it absolutely shouldn’t go anywhere, unless the girls are expected to go anywhere, anytime and get involved in who knows what as a recruitment staff member. At that point they are not on personal business, rather they’re on UGA business. If they are on UGA business and none of the families are upset enough to file a lawsuit, I guess it has no need to go anywhere at that point also. If it’s a UGA car with a UGA driver, especially if toxicology were to come back bad, I see a zero percent chance there isn’t a lawsuit/settlement.
Who is suing in this scenario and why? UGA made her drink?

buckpasser

Who is suing in this scenario and why? UGA made her drink?

In my scenario the family of the deceased player or family of the other player could and certainly would for damages.

It would be the same as buckpasser taxi service being all that you are allowed to use as a company policy while you’re out on the town partying with your colleagues. You follow procedure and call me or my driver, they show up intoxicated and you die as a result. (Not saying toxicology will show that!!).

If this was or is UGA policy for recruitment staff, why? Just have players use Uber, taxi, etc.

Last edited:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
In my scenario the family of the deceased player or family of the other player could and certainly would for damages.

It would be the same as buckpasser taxi service being all that you are allowed to use as a company policy while you’re out on the town partying with your colleagues. You follow procedure and call me or my driver, they show up intoxicated and you die as a result. (Not saying toxicology will shot that!!).

If this was or is UGA policy for recruitment staff, why? Just have players use Uber, taxi, etc.
So y’all think she went to pick them up because they were drinking, she got drunk herself or was already, and they will have grounds to sue.

So if she took the UGA vehicle and wasn’t supposed to or she wasn’t acting as their assigned DD this all falls apart and people
Have been picking at a tragic situation for no reason.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Some young adults high on adrenaline, booze and success made some bad decisions that were very costly. No internal investigations or policy changes are ever going to eliminate that. Sometimes the "Urge to do something" should be quelled. Human nature hasn't changed in 5,000 years of recorded human civilization. There will always be young adults who make bad decisions. The only good that can come from it is other young adults learn from the painful object lesson.

But that ain't gonna sell newspapers or get advertisers for TV stations and we already know, if it bleeds, it leads. Incessantly chattering about it is what the newspapers and TV stations want. They got dead air time and column inches to fill.

Set the buzzards free and let them pick them bones clean!

buckpasser

So y’all think she went to pick them up because they were drinking, she got drunk herself or was already, and they will have grounds to sue.

So if she took the UGA vehicle and wasn’t supposed to or she wasn’t acting as their assigned DD this all falls apart and people
Have been picking at a tragic situation for no reason.

No, I don’t think that. That’s what I keep hearing and reading on the policy of recruitment girls being assigned to haul players around. As I say, I don’t claim to know the toxicology AT ALL. Could be that the throttle stuck. Could be a deer ran out. Could be a failed wheel bearing. I have no idea. We were just fleshing out the “what if’s” on a lawsuit. Even IF all the what if’s come out as pure as the driven snow, I still wouldn’t be a fan of asking or expecting young women to go out at 2 something to haul around players. If they were just all big buddies then so be it.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Some young adults high on adrenaline, booze and success made some bad decisions that were very costly. No internal investigations or policy changes are ever going to eliminate that. Sometimes the "Urge to do something" should be quelled. Human nature hasn't changed in 5,000 years of recorded human civilization. There will always be young adults who make bad decisions. The only good that can come from it is other young adults learn from the painful object lesson.

But that ain't gonna sell newspapers or get advertisers for TV stations and we already know, if it bleeds, it leads. Incessantly chattering about it is what the newspapers and TV stations want. They got dead air time and column inches to fill.

Set the buzzards free and let them pick them bones clean!
Amen. And everybody here made bad decisions when they were young regardless of what the consequences might be but because Georgia beat their teams these boys all turn into a bunch of saints. “Aaaaaaaw Georgia done hurt my feelins, Cletus. There’s two dead people tied up in this but muh team sucks and I gotta get muh licks in where I can.”

Resica

Amen. And everybody here made bad decisions when they were young regardless of what the consequences might be but because Georgia beat their teams these boys all turn into a bunch of saints. “Aaaaaaaw Georgia done hurt my feelins, Cletus. There’s two dead people tied up in this but muh team sucks and I gotta get muh licks in where I can.”
I never thought that way. If the same thing happened at Alabama or any other school I think the thoughts would be the same.