US Mail Package delivery

JJJSDAD

I have a package scanned into Atlanta 2/29/2024 since then been in process moving to next facility. I found out the Atlanta Post office is moving package sorting to Palmento Ga. The shipper has filed claom with post office. The shipper is honoring my order and sending my order with a differnt shipper.

Lilly001

I’ve had the fewest shipping problems with the USPS out of all of them. They often deliver early of the original estimate.
But they do occasionally mess things up, like delivering my package to a neighbor.

B. White

I've had nothing but good luck....up until a month ago or two ago. Something must have changed recently. I've had most things arrive late and bounce back and forth between Atlanta and Palmetto.

1710007215083.png

bilgerat

Senior
Same is happing to me right now . I ordered a part for a job I’m doing on feb 18 .it shipped from Flordia on the 19th It arrived late at my local hub in Buford on the 1st of March . Then I got notified it was in transit to another facility , stayed that way for over a week , then it showed up at the palmetto ga hub on the 7th . it’s been in transit to a different facility since. I’ve notified my shipper and he just sent out another part, my customer is getting tired of waiting . USPS sucks . .

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have absolutely no problems with USPS package delivery. FedEx is the one I loathe with a black passion, they take forever, lose stuff, and never deliver a package without some kind of issue.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Y'all fussing about packages for fishing stuff lol. Try waiting on checks to pay bills to your concrete supplier for slabs at 15-25k a pop with no tracking. Something has happened in the last 3 weeks, I'm assuming it's the palmetto thing. Checks coming from just north of atl to just south of atl shouldn't take more than 2 days.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I don’t believe the rural post offices are having those type of issues. Every time I hear of these issues with the USPS it seems to be with metro areas.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t believe the rural post offices are having those type of issues. Every time I hear of these issues with the USPS it seems to be with metro areas.
Yep. Sometimes I can order something from Amazon one afternoon, and USPS brings it the next morning...

35 Whelen

I have absolutely no problems with USPS package delivery. FedEx is the one I loathe with a black passion, they take forever, lose stuff, and never deliver a package without some kind of issue.

Same here. The last three shipments via FedEx were delivered to the entrance of a gated community one mile away from our house. No problems with any of the other package delivery companies. UPS, Amazon, DHL all deliver to our front door.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Same here. The last three shipments via FedEx were delivered to the entrance of a gated community one mile away from our house. No problems with any of the other package delivery companies. UPS, Amazon, DHL all deliver to our front door.
What I love with FedEx is tracking a package and watching it pass my house at a distance of three miles on I-40 ten times while it's going back and forth to Atlanta, Greensboro, Greenville, Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Knoxville, Columbia, and Bristol for a week and a half before finally going out for delivery from a tiny town two hours from here.

hopper

Y'all fussing about packages for fishing stuff lol. Try waiting on checks to pay bills to your concrete supplier for slabs at 15-25k a pop with no tracking. Something has happened in the last 3 weeks, I'm assuming it's the palmetto thing. Checks coming from just north of atl to just south of atl shouldn't take more than 2 days.
Bet the concrete guy thinks your giving him the buisness. The old "I left my checkbook at home" gig. :bounce:

ssramage

I've had major problems out of USPS and UPS over the last several months. Most recently, I had ordered a 10' Minn Kota Raptor for my new boat through a dealer on Amazon. Tracking # showed that it was scanned in with UPS and then never moved. It sat like that for 10 days until I was able to file a dispute. Somehow it arrived on my doorstep 24 hours later after I submitted the value of the lost package...

Richf7

I never have problems with UPS. FedEx is the worst. Their delivery dates are always off by a few days. I ordered something from FL six days ago shipped by the USPS. The packing tracking info shows it going back and forth between the Atlanta Distribution Center and Palmetto. Various reports say they’re having problems in the Atlanta area. No kidding.

hipster dufus

Retired postal worker here. The closing/downsizing of the Boggs rd facility and opening of the Palmetto facility is messing w delivery. The PO is trying to figure out the personnel issues, who goes who stays, were we need people. Not so much as herding cats , more like who is in charge? Not the first time, wont b the last. I wish i could type, I got a million stories.

crackerdave

Retired postal worker here. The closing/downsizing of the Boggs rd facility and opening of the Palmetto facility is messing w delivery. The PO is trying to figure out the personnel issues, who goes who stays, were we need people. Not so much as herding cats , more like who is in charge? Not the first time, wont b the last. I wish i could type, I got a million stories.
Me,too.
I am a painfully slow typer,but I gots lotsa stories stored up in my 71 year old brain.