venison

chris l

I dont hunt but I do love eating Venison... also I beleaive it is not legal to sell venison ( correct me if I am wrong ) so other than haveing a friend give me some every once in a blue moon how would I go about getting a good supply of venison. Also if there is anyone that lives in the gwinnett area that wouldn't mind popping a doe for a fellow woody'ite so me and the family could have a little meat please feel free to pm me and maybe we can arange something
thanks

bradpatt03

i don't think it would technically be illegal if you paid someone's processing fees in exchange for shootin you a doe would it?

reylamb

Contact Mike at Mike's Deer Cooler in Buford. Every year he has unclaimed deer and he will charge the processing fee for anyone that wants to pick up the unclaimed deer.....

buckeroo

reylamb said:
Contact Mike at Mike's Deer Cooler in Buford. Every year he has unclaimed deer and he will charge the processing fee for anyone that wants to pick up the unclaimed deer.....

where is Mike's and do they do a good job?

ryano

Banned
chris l said:
I dont hunt but I do love eating Venison... also I beleaive it is not legal to sell venison ( correct me if I am wrong ) so other than haveing a friend give me some every once in a blue moon how would I go about getting a good supply of venison. Also if there is anyone that lives in the gwinnett area that wouldn't mind popping a doe for a fellow woody'ite so me and the family could have a little meat please feel free to pm me and maybe we can arange something
thanks

check a local processor like reylamb suggested or hopefully someone can just hook you up with some meat for free :)

the processor I use will hold a deer for 30 days and then he sells it for the processing cost.

ponyboy

like some of the others said check with your local processers ,they have several that hunters dont come back and pickup every year..... :hammers:

Lumpkin Hunter

I live in Murrayville just north of Gainesville, hunting Lumpkin, Dawson and Jackson Counties. I also hunt WMA's. Send me a PM and I will be glad to shoot you a nice doe for your freezer. All I ask is you meet me and take it to the processor of your choice or I can drop it off at the local one I use in Murrayville. You just have to pick it up and pay the processing fee. I will need your name and phone # to leave with the processor so they can call you when it is ready. I'll also call you when I get one for you, I do this for a few of my buddies every year when we are trying to thin out the does. I also put 2 to 3 in the freezer for myself each year in jerky and sausage.
I will be glad to help you out as long as you will pick up the deer from the processor.
Let me know.

alphachief

Chris,
Cant help you with the venison issue, but I love the picture of your puppies. I have two boxers as well. Boxers are just too cool!

StuckinATL

I do not have any deer meat to give you but I would be happy to give you a deer to take to the processor if I kill one. I live in Smyrna and plan to hunt 11/11 and 11/25. I don't have any freezer space so I'm hunting antlers right now and need to give the deer away if I get a good one. I would be happy to pop a doe or anything else for you as well if you would seriously want the deer. If interested please PM me with a phone number.

Thanks,
Matt

buckeroo

reylamb said:
Mike is on Buford Dam Road, and he does a great job. Very professional, and you get your deer everytime.

Is there a landmark or something he is near? I live pretty close to there.

chris l

thanks

for all the help guys I have returned a 2 pm's so I'll just see what happens. Thanks for all the info.

Oyeah alphachief them little peckerheads is the home/personal security system, I love boxers cause I beleive they are the most pertective dogs around,heck when there is family around and my 4 month old gets picked up and taken in the next room the dogs are right there with them, not to mention there great with the kids :cool: :cool:

bruceg

I'd be interested as well, ...

I'd be interested as well, and would be happy to meet at a processor's - or pick up and bring to a processors (if it'll fit in a Corolla) and pay the fees.

It'd be better if I spent the time to learn how and got my own, but hey - one step at a time.

Last edited:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
buckeroo said:
Is there a landmark or something he is near? I live pretty close to there.

I have a deer ready to be picked up there now.

He has a sign in his front yard and you just use his driveway to get to the back of the house where his shop is located.

From the dam on Lanier you would go towards Buford and he's just 3 or 4 miles on the right past the Dam Store. I know how to get there, though unfortunately I don't have his address.