Vulture poop question

SarahFair

I was borrowing my inlaws car while mine was in the shop and had it parked under the trees in my driveway.

I went to the gas station, walked out, and had to take my sunglasses off to see what was wrong with the car, I thought, well I didn't know what I thought happened to it because from that distance it looked like damage..

It was one of those days the rainstorms were producing hail, so the rain washed off most of it a few minutes after this picture..
But it did leave behind what I believe to be a tape worm?

Next day I took it through the car wash, but you could still see the outline of some of the "splats", so the SO tried hand washing them off, but if you look real close you can still see them.

The poop wasn't on there but maybe a couple hours..
Is vulture poop acidic enough to do that to the paint?

Pictures for fun :biggrin3:
20230807_171351.jpg
20230807_192117.jpg

specialk

my dad had a bunch take over his lincoln and pull molding off to the tune of 1000.00.....they were all over the house too....he shot one and hung it up in the yard on a low hanging limb....after that no more buzzards.....i told him that the law frowned on killing buzzards but he said he would take his chances with the law.....

had the same car in the shop, when the mechanic pulled it into the overflow lot when finished it was under a tree....buzzards did a number worse than yours....ran it thru one of those new car washes with the brushes and it came right off....

specialk

SF, not sure but that worm thing might be a string....looks like some type fur mixed in with it...might have regurgitated it.....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Vulture stomach acids are very strongly acidic....

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I had an odd run in with buzzards several years ago.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Indeed it looks like a well developed intestinal worm. But it has fur in it which makes me think its the intestines of a small mammal. Maybe a large owl lost its cookies? Or mothman. Haha

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I would think that with the things that vultures eat, their waste would be extremely acidic. Their digestive system has to be wickedly powerful.

Big7

The Oracle
Only thing about that situation I know for SURE is I don't want any of those worms around me.

Looks like a human parasitic infestation of those could kill a person.

Prolly didn't smell all that great either. :bounce:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Many years ago the Georgia code provided that “it shall be legal to kill buzzards” or some such. That was back before the Fedgov took over every aspect of our lives