Wading McGraw Ford WMA

BigBass123

Anyone ever wade the Etowah at McGraw Ford?

Thinking about giving it a shot next week, just wondering about depth/flow and whether or not this is a safe idea. Figuring it would mostly hold spots?

IrishSniper

Anyone ever wade the Etowah at McGraw Ford?

Thinking about giving it a shot next week, just wondering about depth/flow and whether or not this is a safe idea. Figuring it would mostly hold spots?
Found this post doing a Google search; always good to see the forum still alive and kicking!

A couple of my friends and I are talking about doing a float starting at McGraw Ford next month. We're hoping to get into some Redeyes if they're there. From what I can see on OnX it looks like there's a couple wade worthy shoals. Definitely let us know how it works out if u go!

BigBass123

Found this post doing a Google search; always good to see the forum still alive and kicking!

A couple of my friends and I are talking about doing a float starting at McGraw Ford next month. We're hoping to get into some Redeyes if they're there. From what I can see on OnX it looks like there's a couple wade worthy shoals. Definitely let us know how it works out if u go!
Will do for sure.

We’ll see what the rain does Friday. Looks like the river averages a gauge height of around 3.5’ there, if it goes over 4’ I’ll probably just take the boat out on Allatoona instead.