WALKING ON NEWGRASS DRIVELER #356

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Great bird. It was a beautiful morning. I got setup on 2 this morning hammering on roost. And 8 hens cut me off and intercepted them. I watched them strut around with them hens for 2 hours.

That is better than not seeing any.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Every time I hear this, it makes me want to kill, take scalps, and remove little fingers from those I consider Wasichu`s . Good music.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
If you ever set around a fire at a good Rondyvoo, on a cold night, and somewhere on the other side of the camp someone fires up a fiddle and plays that, it will truly put you back into another time. @fishfryer knows what I`m talking about.
I always wanted to attend a rondezvous as a participant not as a spectator. I was working on a setup when my body went south on me. I can imagine the camp would get fired up with that.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Evenin folks!

Beautiful day, got a good bit accomplished moving a bunch of firewood logs with Jag and some general cleanup stuff. Ol back is talkin to me a little though.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
If you ever set around a fire at a good Rondyvoo, on a cold night, and somewhere on the other side of the camp someone fires up a fiddle and plays that, it will truly put you back into another time. @fishfryer knows what I`m talking about.
I’m a big homely man who loves simple things, and things are special to me when made and given to me. Those things can be tools,knives,handcrafts,or a single cookie,or a song or piece of music the point is it was made and given from the heart. I remember just like it was yesterday a neighbor came over to our house and played “Golden Wildwood Flower” for me. He was a Tennessee gentleman,and a remarkable musician I thought. I was just 6 or 7 years old,but I felt like royalty. Small things,done from the heart touch me.So do wild places and animals,another memory was at a camp when Nic was present. An ambulance in the far distance was sounding it’s siren and the Red Wolves in Chehaw Park started a mournful howling. I can’t say why it touched me so deeply,but it did. Perhaps the primeval,sad,voices of the wolves imparted to me the hopelessness of their captivity. Mankind is much as confined in cages as those beautiful animals are. It’s all about emotions that bring thoughts of earlier times and how good people lived their lives with dignity. Nic is right about a haunting fiddle tune,they bring on remembrances and even melancholy. When Ken Burns’s series “ Civil War” first showed here ,I enjoyed some of the events that weren’t colored by yankee prejudice,what moved me were the martial music songs,and campfire ballads of the time. The simple melodies and soulful music had me almost entranced. Goodness of the human spirit and music from the past please me,a lot.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Well said Ken

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I’m a big homely man who loves simple things, and things are special to me when made and given to me. Those things can be tools,knives,handcrafts,or a single cookie,or a song or piece of music the point is it was made and given from the heart. I remember just like it was yesterday a neighbor came over to our house and played “Golden Wildwood Flower” for me. He was a Tennessee gentleman,and a remarkable musician I thought. I was just 6 or 7 years old,but I felt like royalty. Small things,done from the heart touch me.So do wild places and animals,another memory was at a camp when Nic was present. An ambulance in the far distance was sounding it’s siren and the Red Wolves in Chehaw Park started a mournful howling. I can’t say why it touched me so deeply,but it did. Perhaps the primeval,sad,voices of the wolves imparted to me the hopelessness of their captivity. Mankind is much as confined in cages as those beautiful animals are. It’s all about emotions that bring thoughts of earlier times and how good people lived their lives with dignity. Nic is right about a haunting fiddle tune,they bring on remembrances and even melancholy. When Ken Burns’s series “ Civil War” first showed here ,I enjoyed some of the events that weren’t colored by yankee prejudice,what moved me were the martial music songs,and campfire ballads of the time. The simple melodies and soulful music had me almost entranced. Goodness of the human spirit and music from the past please me,a lot.

You know. One of the Like-Hearted People. :cheers:

Core Lokt

Hey y'all!

Rained buckets until around noon then I got out and picked up some limbs so I can mow when it dries out and sprigged some centipede runners. I was plum give out. Not normal for me... I'll be beating the door (phone) off my cardio Dr. first thing in the morning. We gots to get this figured out...

Cooking some skettie now and watching the rest of the race.

cramer

Nice bird Blood!

Chief, I don't know if those scripts was wild caught, but they are very tasty.
Those guys come back every week on Wednesday thru Sunday.
I suggested they take home some muscadines when they come into season

Status
Not open for further replies.