Walther PDP.. sweet

Hunter922

Bought my son a Walther PDP for his 21st B'day and man it is a sweet gun.. He wanted the full size instead of the compact.. He seems to be very happy with his first hand gun..

bullgator

Walthers are probably some of the most underrated striker fired pistols out there. I like my PPQ more than my Sigs or Glocks. That 4.5” PDP is on my short list.

Reactions: Dub

Bobby Bigtime

My sister in law purchased one this summer. I went with her and we checked out a number of choices. We took it out and ran a couple of boxes of ammo through it and it is a nice little handgun. She is happy with the choice. In the price range you really can't go wrong.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I don’t have the PDP, but I shot the Q5 for many years in 3Gun matches. That PDP looks a lot like the Q5. The Q5 is a great shooter. Mine has literally been flawless, it is accurate, and eats everything.
I think it is great that your son decided on the five inch barrel version. Alot of people who need a five inch gun are drawn to the “cool factor” of the compact models, and then they get frustrated with poor hits and slower follow ups.

Is your son thinking of some action shooting competition?

Happy Birthday!5DA9F0CD-C67A-4EEA-9ED7-9E33C8A37968.jpeg

Last edited:

bullgator

The stepped chamber is a nice feature too.

paulito

I got the PPQ sub compact a few years back and love it. great little shooter and with the extended mag i can have as many rounds at a full size. Very well built pistol

bullgator

I just ran across a reference to that earlier today.

Think it would help brass life ?

Seems like it wouldn’t hurt….as apposed to my G19.
Are you referring to the Glock unsupported chamber?

frankwright

I bought a PDP 4" for a specific purpose. I shoot a big match or two every year that requires an G19 size or smaller, iron sight gun and I like the PDP much better than a Glock.

If I wasn't already invested in some Red Dot competition guns, the PDP or Q5 would be a natural choice.
I wish it had a bit less take up but it is still a dang nice trigger.

pjciii

I have the PK 380. Love it! I use it as every day carry. I also love the CCP M2 in 9mm or 380. Had the 9mm until it got stolen. My bad and i filed police report. I personally think Walther gets the ergonomics right. Some say the pk 380 has a bad safety. Doesn't seem to bother me. It will shoot a little low if you are not paying attention to your grip.

bullgator

I just ran across a reference to that earlier today.

Think it would help brass life ?

Seems like it wouldn’t hurt….as apposed to my G19.
The stepped chamber probably won’t extend brass life. It just doesn’t allow as much expansion at the case mouth so it seals quicker.

The Glocks have unsupported chambers which allowed for some extra expansion at the web area that kind of created a weakness at that spot……especially if that spot ended up aligned with the unsupported part of the chamber again.

jfish

The Walther WMP (22mag) is the bomb. I have not once regreted selling PMR's for these. Way better gun