War Between the States

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Earlier in the engagement Longstreet took his staff into the center to where they served some cannon to stop a threatening breakthrough. He was sporting some unusual footwear. What was it?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Yes sir boots were not always the order of the day apparently. LOL

Resica

Sharpsburg-Gen. Robert E. Lee ran across an artillerist he didn't recognize at first, so the story goes. Who was it?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I am not sure but it could be the fellow with the slipper or one of his staff, none of whom Lee would have expected to find as artillerists.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
You give it away, it must have been his son, who served in the artillery for a time.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
At that same battle a future Ga Governor was wounded and likely would have died but for a a fortuitous bit of damage to an article of his clothing. What was the article and how did the damage help him?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
These are some intriguing questions. ?

BassRaider

Gordon was shot in the face. He would have choked on his own blood had he not had a hole in his hat.

btw, I am reading "Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave" and should add some trivia in due time. Also "Confederate Battle Stories".

Resica

S
Gordon was shot in the face. He would have choked on his own blood had he not had a hole in his hat.

btw, I am reading "Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave" and should add some trivia in due time. Also "Confederate Battle Stories".
Sounds about right!!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member

Yes. Sorry I'm late

Resica

What Union Brigadier general led an ill fated attack on the right flank of the Confederates on July 3rd at Gettysburg? Who was his direct superior?

35 Whelen

A man and his men ordered to certain death by "kill calvary."

Last edited:

westcobbdog

Blue bellie Judson Kilpatrick, ugly as a mules rear end who somehow snagged a beautiful rebel girl while plundering our great state. Road around with her in a wagon if memory serves.

35 Whelen

What Union Brigadier general led an ill fated attack on the right flank of the Confederates on July 3rd at Gettysburg? Who was his direct superior?

Brigadier General Elon J. Farnsworth

I have toured the Gettysburg Battlefield and read extensively about the battle, however I have to admit that I did not know about this subject. Had to look it up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.