Wardens 3

UWGduck

Well I started a thread about game wardens last time and I have since changed my mind. I met one this weekend duck hunting lake oconee and he was the one of the nicest people I have ever met. He got in our boat and acted as a hunter to try and catch people shooting after hours. We had a heck of a time.

Toliver

This Game Warden stuff is stirring more elmo than hunting corn at night behind a high fence!!! :bounce:

bilgerat

Senior
huntin corn???

hunting corn that is in a fence dont sound to hard. I just wanna know what gun to use to kill corn???
but seroiusly folks, most wardens I have met were very nice guys doing a very tough job.

Toliver

bilgerat said:
hunting corn that is in a fence dont sound to hard. I just wanna know what gun to use to kill corn???
but seroiusly folks, most wardens I have met were very nice guys doing a very tough job.

:bounce: Silly grammar gremlin gotahold of my first post!! :fine:

Toliver

Looks like the threequel was a boxoffice bomb. But BOY was that sequel a hit!!! That dead horse is STILL getting pounded into canned dog food!! :bounce: :fine:

gabowman

Game Wardens are people like all other people. I've trained people brought up thru the ranks at the plant I work at and a few of them act as though they dont even know me now. Most of the folks I've worked with are good down-to-earth guys.....just goes to show ya how a little authority goes to a few people's heads when given the opportunity. Game wardens are no different in my opinion. They all have a job to do, just some do it differently than the rest. Just glad we dont run into too many of those guys. ::huh: :bounce:

GB

dominantpredator

UWGduck said:
Well I started a thread about game wardens last time and I have since changed my mind. I met one this weekend duck hunting lake oconee and he was the one of the nicest people I have ever met. He got in our boat and acted as a hunter to try and catch people shooting after hours. We had a heck of a time.
He would have never gotten in my boat for a stunt like that...I pay taxes so law enforcement agencies can get their own boats and trucks . I work hard for my money and I am not going to spend my time sitting on someone else's job. Know what I mean Vern?

CathyW

You are SO right!

My Dad was a GW, and my brother is a GW in N. FL. You are so very right about some personality types. There are behuncuses in every job, unfortunately.
My brother told me of one of the easiest ways he and a couple other GW's caught several fire hunters:
They bought an old mounted buck with plenty of antlers, mounted it on a little motor, put all of that on a post in a field with some bushes nearly as tall as the post, and sat back and waited with a remote control! When they saw lights coming down the road, they would rev up the mount. An unbelieveable number of folks were shining deer (illegal in itself), and more than even THEY imagined shot at it. Nobody hit their toy, and all were arrested.
Ignorance and greed will get you, every time! :rofl:
gabowman said:
Game Wardens are people like all other people. I've trained people brought up thru the ranks at the plant I work at and a few of them act as though they dont even know me now. Most of the folks I've worked with are good down-to-earth guys.....just goes to show ya how a little authority goes to a few people's heads when given the opportunity. Game wardens are no different in my opinion. They all have a job to do, just some do it differently than the rest. Just glad we dont run into too many of those guys. ::huh: :bounce:

GB

bull0ne

Banned
GW'S have a tough job i always behave nicely when checked,just good business when a person has a badge and gun,seriously i have zero bad encounters with GW'S