Warmest rubber boot

Ruger15

I wear my Muck field blazers everywhere and all year long. I even take them to Canada every year. I bought a pair of boot blankets years ago. I bought a size small and when I wake up in the AM I toss a couple heat packs in them and when I get on stand I slip my boots off and put my feet in the boot blankets and they are super toasty if not hot. Lasts all day. When its just about time to go I toss a heat pack back in the boots to warm them up a little for the walk out. Never had cold feet up there. Here in GA I never wear insulated boots just no need in my opinion.

jfarrell30339

Muck boots are the state shoe of alaska so even us warm blooded folks should be comfortable. Although I did buy a pair of actual pac boots that I found on sale that are rated to -50F. :) I don't like being cold.

SC Hunter

I've got a pair of muck boots that I wear when it gets cold out. A good pair of socks and mucks will usually have my feet sweating if it isn't really cold. The key is to never let your feet get cold or their hard to warm up.

Ihunt

Wool will keep you warm even if you're wet (even if it's wet from sweat).

Spent 2 weeks in the Superior Quetico National Forest when I was young (that's a long time ago). That's what the outfitter recommended since we were portaging canoes and would have wet feet much of the time. I've worn wool ever since (I buy quality wool sweaters in the spring from Jos Banks to wear hunting. $100+ sweaters cost very little then.

I say true to a point. You will still be a lot warmer if you’re dry. Especially when that Midwest wind is howling

Sixes

I would rather wear good quality socks and uninsulated boots than wear insulated boots and poor quality socks. Good ones will make all the difference.

Darn Tough makes some of the best

Bubba_1122

I say true to a point. You will still be a lot warmer if you’re dry.

No question. But water proof boots (LaCrosse for me) with poly sock liners to wick the moisture away and wool socks to warm the feet is a great combination. May not be perfect, but it'll beat most any other combination I've found over the last 50 years.

For really cold days I also have a green Woolwich stocking cap I wear and again, the wool Banks sweaters and wool gloves (FWIW the warmest sweater I have is a old green wool Browning zip up sweater I've had for many years. Looks pretty rough, but you'll be almost too warm on all but the coldest days. Also breaks the wind).

Last edited:

Bubba_1122

Your feet are going to get cold if they sweat. Nothing will change that unless you can stop the sweating.

Spray your feet with antiperspirant. Put on thin sock liners. Wear regular boots to the stand. Get in stand. Put on 1-2 pair of wool socks then slip your feet in the boot blankets. (Take off your boots) If it gets really cold, drop a hand warmer in there.
I love the idea of hand warmers. Might have to order a pair of boot blankets and give that a try.

I mostly bow hunt, so standing in the blind a fair amount. Are the boot blankets so cumbersome to make it awkward or dangerous if you're standing/sitting, adjusting for a shot, etc (would hate to have a B&C broadside at 20 yards, draw back, trip/stumble and fall outta the tree :oops: )?

Ihunt

I love the idea of hand warmers. Might have to order a pair of boot blankets and give that a try.

I mostly bow hunt, so standing in the blind a fair amount. Are the boot blankets so cumbersome to make it awkward or dangerous if you're standing/sitting, adjusting for a shot, etc (would hate to have a B&C broadside at 20 yards, draw back, trip/stumble and fall outta the tree :oops: )?

I don’t use them often. Only when it’s real cold and I use the ice breakers from cabelas. They are “puffy” but I don’t have a problem with them. Biggest problem is doing something with your other boots. You have to hang them from somewhere.

Don’t just drop them and think you can just climb down wearing the ice breakers. I did and had to man up but my feet felt like a bird with his feet wrapped around a wire.

Horns

I have a pair of Lacrosse Alphaburley and they are warm

chrislibby88

If you are sitting in a metal stand try getting a rug or trim a piece of yoga mat to go under your feet. That layer of insulation between your boots and the stand will help a lot.

spencer12

I wear Lacrosse Alphaburly Pro's uninsulated and have had probably 4 pairs over the years. I can wear them from July to January. I've worn them from 100 degrees to 20 degrees. Occasionally my feet will get chilly when it gets down into the 20's but I wear wool socks and I'm usually good.

Bubba_1122

If you are sitting in a metal stand try getting a rug or trim a piece of yoga mat to go under your feet.

Then what would I use in yoga class? :LOL:

Just a thought: if you want warm feet don't do anything to impede the circulation in your feet (boots too tight, elastic on socks too tight around leg, etc).

Again, as I've said a pile of times in the past, wool's my friend on a cold day.

Fishin & Hunting

I use a boot dryer the night before and then change out my socks to a dry pair when I get to the stand.

treemanjohn

Banned
Walk to the stand with your tennis shoes on and change into boots once your feet start getting cold. Sweat is your enemy and rubber boots are notorious for sweat

Mark K

Banned
Walk to the stand with your tennis shoes on and change into boots once your feet start getting cold. Sweat is your enemy and rubber boots are notorious for sweat
Sorta defeats the purpose of wearing rubber boots doesn’t it. I wouldn’t wear them for looks or warmth, but for being scent free.