Weekly catch thread 1/31

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That’s a beauty sportsman , the next nice one I catch I’m gonna have it tanned . I had a eventful second day check . Also had a coyote step all over a remake from one of the foxes yesterday . I guess he just didn’t step in the right spot . Dug a hole a foot deep and completely covered my trap . Caught a first for me and I’m not sure I’ve seen one shared on here . And he was released unharmed , no damage at all . The coyote wasn’t so lucky . Man I love this stuff . Thanks to all of you who inspired me to do it 3 years ago .7428130A-1835-4516-8CD8-8D2D198E8FCA.jpeg13E9F178-4D81-4A6C-AFF7-336ED93F2C86.jpeg824E7F44-12F2-4A11-8651-BFB18DC9F7ED.jpeg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That’s crazy! Maybe a mouse,or Squirrel was messing around your set & he swooped down after it? I bet it was fun releasing that joker..?‍?
Gentle as could be , just a lot of hissing ! You got to talk nice to them . Same with bobcats ! When I first seen it I thought what kind of creature have I caught now lol . It was in one of the fox remakes from yesterday so maybe he was just checking out the disturbed area . And stuck his foot in the wrong spot . I’m glad it had him caught way up high on his leg . Didn’t even break the skin

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Gentle as could be , just a lot of hissing ! You got to talk nice to them . Same with bobcats ! When I first seen it I thought what kind of creature have I caught now lol . It was in one of the fox remakes from yesterday so maybe he was just checking out the disturbed area . And stuck his foot in the wrong spot . I’m glad it had him caught way up high on his leg . Didn’t even break the skin

Dang it!!!

I can't catch a coyote, and now Ant done tore off and beat my guinea....

I'm quittin'....:mad::LOL:

BTW, I have heard that hiss...I caught one on a Rattlin' Rogue in the Altamaha once.

Tossed back up under some willows, twitched it a time or two, heard a splash, and reeled in the owl.

He was not happy, had hooks in both feet...Successful release.

fatback

That’s one of the things I love about trapping, never know what your gonna find in the morning. I must say an owl would be quite a surprise. Congrats on the successful release Ant. I had 1 coon this morning on my check. Another nest raider out of circulation and a happy coworker who loves taking them. A win/win. Keep after it fellas.