Western Macon County

Kawaliga

Gone but not forgotten
I've been every day since the 8th, morning and evening. Food plots (oats,wheat,clover) are great except in one real sandy place. I've seen a lot of 6 pts. 4 pts. and spikes, and plenty of does. Shot a good mature doe earlier in the season. My hunting buddy saw two shooters (15 in. wide or better), but didn't have a kill shot, so passed them up.I hunted my honey hole in the woods in old growth oaks and hickories, and only saw a spike. I realized late in the morning that I heard absolutely no acorns being knocked out of the trees by squirrels, and noticed walking out that there are none on the ground. I guess for the most part in my woods, the hard mast crop is very poor. No wonder my food plots are really being eaten down this early. I did see some good scrapes on the field/woodline roads, and found a monster rub on a five inch pine. I hope it rains as predicted Mon-Tues, and activity picks up. I have one more week off, then afternoons only except for weekends. Good luck to all.:cheers:

I was there last Thursday and Friday, we saw the first scrape on our prop. on Friday morning, we do have plenty of acorns dropping.
I heading up this Friday night to hunt all week, i hope i have good luck, saw lots of Does, and one GIG buck but couldn't get a kill shot on it either, maybe i'll get him this week.