What are yall seeing?

ucfireman

I haven't been to my place in a bit. SO I haven't seen what's going on.
So those that are still running and checking cams. Are y'all seeing bucks still holding their antlers or have most started shedding?
I know some are early and some are late but at my place its usually around late Feb, Early March.
I want to look but would rather wait until most have shed.
What are y'all seeing and what counties?
I'm not looking for what you have running around or where, just have most shed or not.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’m in west ga , Troup and Heard . Several of the regulars I was having on camera had shed by the end of the season . I suspect most have already shed around here

sghoghunter

Our lease is in quitman county and as of this morning all ours are still holding with no pictures of anything that looks like they may have dropped. Haven’t got many pictures here at home in cook county but the one buck I have is one sided but you can tell it’s broke off instead of dropped

jaydawg

Floyd co….out of 8 different bucks on cam within the last 5 days, only 2 have shed one side…my understanding is that the longer a buck holds his antlers is a sign of a healthy deer…

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Here’s two bucks that still have antlers in troup. Turn up the volume and listen to his sniffer checking the camera out lol

ucfireman

Walked a bunch this weekend and didn’t find a single shed. Jumped one buck that still had both sides.
That is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.
2 years ago I walked a park about this time of year, Jumped the biggest deer I have ever seen in person. Had a full rack.
I probably walked 30+ miles the next few weeks looking and never found any of his. Did find a few other decent ones that year.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’m in west ga , Troup and Heard . Several of the regulars I was having on camera had shed by the end of the season . I suspect most have already shed around here
What do I know , my dad said he had 2 different 8 points on cam last week still holding

ucfireman

Pulled my card yesterday in Coweta. All I had were does or small young bucks. I had no pics of bucks with or without.
Did a quick ride around the pasture and a little in the woods and didnt see anything except a dead bobcat. Dont know how long he was dead but I dont think long, hair was good and just a few flies.

Attachments

• 20230227_165944.jpg
    20230227_165944.jpg
    518.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 20230227_170011.jpg
    20230227_170011.jpg
    507 KB · Views: 35
Last edited: