What critter did this?

Rabun

Very symmetrical about 18” across. Hard to tell from pics but it’s like a bowl maybe 2” deep with the dirt pushed back on all sides. There are two of them within a couple of feet of each other. Would a new fawn do that?

IMG_6510.jpegIMG_6509.jpeg

sportsman94

Hmmm…not sure of that. This is in a neighborhood. Never seen turkey around but it’s possible I suppose. I may stick a camera up and try and capture an image

Anybody have chickens around there? They’ll do it too. Don’t know where you’re at, but probably some other fowl in different parts of GA that would do it too.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Nope no chickens around. I’m in sandy springs. Gonna put a cam out and see if I can capture an image.
Then it’s probably peacocks! Jk, i immediately thought dusting bowl from a Turkey.

Hunter922

Turkey is my first thought. BUT, Last week we walked up on a Heron on the edge of a clear cut about 250 yards off a big creek that was resting In a bowl like that.. Any water near by.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Nope no chickens around. I’m in sandy springs. Gonna put a cam out and see if I can capture an image.

I'm in Chamblee and we got turkeys so I'm going with a dusting spot too.

Rabun

Turkey is my first thought. BUT, Last week we walked up on a Heron on the edge of a clear cut about 250 yards off a big creek that was resting In a bowl like that.. Any water near by.
Hmmm…that’s a possibility. My neighbor has an artificial pond and I have seen herons there. He used to put koi in there but they’ve all been scavenged out. I’m sure there are frogs and tadpoles from time to time. Still nothing but deer on cam.

Latest posts