What in the world would inverted this squirrel? A little “graphic”

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Bird.. owl, hawk, etc.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
That was my guess, Ol bird must’ve had to clean his plate before he could leave the table.
Only other guess was somebody hunt'n there ahead of you pealed it head to tail... but the .. well.. what's left of the skull said no on that.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
No hunting supposed to be allowed in that park, but it’s always possible

GeorgiaBob

I suspect a healthy sized hawk, or perhaps an eagle or owl, caught and was preparing dinner but was interrupted. Ripping, pealing the hide off before tearing into the meat is not an uncommon practice with some raptors. Seldom will a bird of prey leave that much meat behind.

I can only guess, but an owl or hawk interrupted by vultures might abandon the unfinished meal and wrongly assume that the vultures located and consumed it.

Anvil Head

Owls are more prone to peal like that, Hawks usually peal off in strips. Plus the skull crush is more in tune with an owl's crusher feet. They kill most their prey with their extremely powerful feet.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Learn something new every day. Thanks guys.

bullgator

Trophy hunter…….:huh:

Lukikus2

Squirrels

Mean little varmits and control their own population. The only animal I was told by biologists that castorated Their own young in the nest when the population was exceeding their food source. In a couple of years males are spared and challenge the old. Death is certain if they rip its fur off.