Whats the best catfish bait?

Vineyardhunter

What will bring in the big cats?

Do yall think catfish are mountable and if you do how many lbs. would you say it has to be before you'd mount it?

Trizey

For really big cats, I like gizzard shad.

IMO, I would consider a catfish really big once it's over 40lbs.

dixie

I use some stuff from wal-mart called hawg wild blood bait, having one mounted? nope

Lawnmowerman

catfish bait

You can't beat live bream!!,, ;) As far as mounting one, it'd have to be a record, like over 100#'s from a rod & reel, not a limb line. Then, I'm not sure I could afford it...lol

truittsosebee

For eatin size catfish, you just can't beat chicken livers or shrimp. For bigger ones, live bream or gizzard shad.

Mossy0ak270

truittsosebee said:
For eatin size catfish, you just can't beat chicken livers or shrimp. For bigger ones, live bream or gizzard shad.

I agree. Was about to say the same thing

Vineyardhunter

I want a big fish to mount and hang in my bedroom but the only big fish I catch is catfish........Whats good for stripe bass?

Lawnmowerman

sriper bait

Vineyardhunter said:
I want a big fish to mount and hang in my bedroom but the only big fish I catch is catfish........Whats good for stripe bass?
I'm no striper fisherman by all means, but from everything I've read, "blue-back herring" are hard to beat. Good luck on your "trophy",,, :cheers:

bukhuntr

Vineyardhunter said:
I hope Jeff Foxworthy doesn't visit this forum. He sure could get some good material.

I wouldn't mount a catfish. Striper would need to be pushing 40#

Lawnmowerman

bukhuntr said:
I hope Jeff Foxworthy doesn't visit this forum. He sure could get some good material.

I wouldn't mount a catfish. Striper would need to be pushing 40#
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mossy0ak270

If you want to catch some sure nuff big catfish catch you some hand size or bigger bream and try for flatheads. You can catch them in alot of our rivers, but I know the Altamaha and Ocmulgee have some huge ones in it. Gosh, that would be a pretty and ugly mount at the sametime, or pretty ugly :D

Last edited: