What's your loadout?

brittthomas

I also carry one of them inflatable raft in my backpack. A snoopy fishen pole and tackle. A little fold-up shovel to use as a oar also. Portable radio with batterys & 2 flash lites. 2 bic liters.:cheers:

I haven't found a raft that can fit in my pack yet. I also prefer the Spongebob line of fishing poles.:bounce:

Last edited:

sman

Yep. I take my son. He got his first yr before last. Hopefully he will get his second this yr.

All you had to write was you go hunting for days at the time no where near civilization. Most guys don't go far and don't stay gone till a little before lunch. So reading what your carrying made it seem like you were going a tad bit over board.

brittthomas

Yep. I take my son. He got his first yr before last. Hopefully he will get his second this yr.

All you had to write was you go hunting for days at the time no where near civilization. Most guys don't go far and don't stay gone till a little before lunch. So reading what your carrying made it seem like you were going a tad bit over board.

I don't go for days at a time, but, when I go it is an all day affair. I'm never back home before dark. Gas cost to much to ride back and forth.

The incident I mentioned above was an isolated incident that happened back when I was in high school. Me and (2) other guys got my vehicle stuck hog hunting in a club outside of Jacksonville, Ga. All we had was our rifles, clothes on our backs and pocket knives. We didn't have any means of navigation. All we knew was to get back to civilization was to walk the 20 miles of uninhabited dirt roads to the highway we come in on.

A lot of people romanticize about being in the woods with just the "bare essentials", but I'm here to tell you, it sucks something fierce when you're not expecting it. Ever since then, I've always brought a few extra items with me to make a situation like that a little easier should something ever happen and leave me stranded again.

Even in the age of cellphones, I always manage to find myself with absolutely no service and no means to contact the outside world. It never hurts to take some extra precautions.

jrmcc

Just curious to see what everyone carries out in the woods with them when they're chasing after turkeys. I take:

On me: RedHead vest, (1) box call, (2) mouth calls, multi tool, razor blaze knife, binos, compass, map, snake gaiters, Glock 19 with (1) mag of shotshells and (1) mag of Hornady Critical Duty, and a New Haven/Mossberg 600at I got for cheap and converted to a turkey gun. Of course I also have turkey shells, camo clothing, boots and a hat.

In my backpack: Water, snacks, first-aid kit, TP, wet wipes, roll of small trash bags, extra socks, rain gear, para cord, a tarp and a Gerber Prodigy.
How much does all this weigh? Is carrying a glock legal in ga? Have you ever called up a bird after shooting a glock at a snake?

Besides the usual hunting attire: 2 box calls, 1 push-button, 1 mouth call, an owl hoot, flashlight, inflatable decoy, knife, facemask, about 8 shells, and my shotgun. (im considering taking shooting sticks this year)

ChattNFHunter

I use a fanny pack and I carry box call, glass pot, slate pot, crow call, 3 strikers, extra 4 shells or so besides the 3 in my gun, flashlight, coyote howler, pen, turkey observation sheet from WRD, a lanyard with about 8 different mouth calls in it (only use one usually though so I don't really know why I still carry all the rest), and a handheld GPS. Probably forgetting some stuff too.

devils12

The one thing I carry now that I did not before last year is a snake bite kit. Read a story in GON abiut the guy getting bit and probably wouldnt have made it if not for his. Big insurance for around eight bucks and very small!

deast1988

Glock Model 20 10mm 15rds of 180gr controlled expansion hollow points

my tatr 2
thermocell
5 shells 3in the gun
gun
1 box
3 slates
mouth calls in a pouch
hoot n stick
tom teaser crow
4 strikers
tube call
2 pairs of gloves
2 face mask
a ball cap
some times a zink decoy
bottle of water
t.p
clift bar/ energy bar
portable cell phone battery i like face book
phone cords.
extra memory cards case i stumble up on a trail cam i can see whats happening.
4 redbulls

pump action yelper
haint
hail fire
gobble tube
primos battle ship
brozzie mouth calls
squealing hen
the egg
primos turkey wing
bottle rockets for locating
zippo for wind direction

sleeping bag for camping

ill carry some kind of assortment of the above while hunting

Last edited:

SC Hunter

Glock Model 20 10mm 15rds of 180gr controlled expansion hollow points

my tatr 2
thermocell
5 shells 3in the gun
gun
1 box
3 slates
mouth calls in a pouch
hoot n stick
tom teaser crow
4 strikers
tube call
2 pairs of gloves
2 face mask
a ball cap
some times a zink decoy
bottle of water
t.p
clift bar/ energy bar
portable cell phone battery i like face book
phone cords.
extra memory cards case i stumble up on a trail cam i can see whats happening.
4 redbulls

pump action yelper
haint
hail fire
gobble tube
primos battle ship
brozzie mouth calls
squealing hen
the egg
primos turkey wing
bottle rockets for locating
zippo for wind direction

sleeping bag for camping

ill carry some kind of assortment of the above while hunting

:whip:

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
deast1988 I got you beat on the redbulls!!!!!!! I don't go to the woods without 5!!!!

deast1988

deast1988 I got you beat on the redbulls!!!!!!! I don't go to the woods without 5!!!!

I would carry 5 but the 16oz cans get heavy!

I carry a flock of real mounted turkeys and a ghost blind.

I use an ARGO to get around. Make sure the bottle rockets don't explode. They have to scream those are the legal ones.

When it gets slow ill pop out my gobbler umbrella and get on a high ridge and gobble my fool head off at my self.

[URL=http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/deast1988/media/FA190816-E380-4D7C-98EC-055873CFEB4D_zpscqnj4rrm.jpg.html] [/URL]
I try not to wear no red GA stuff because I'm "Roll Tide" and don't want no public land hunter taking pop shots at me. Under the category of identity your target.

All this said, it's about having a safe fun season.

My load out,

Zink look out hen
Tat r 2 vest
Lacrosse snake boots
Lights out copper
Day break Aluminum
Crystal mistress
3 mouth calls
Thermocell
Owl, crow calls
5 shells 3 in the gun.
4 strikers