Wheelchair Rugby Tournament

quinn

I forgot this was going on this weekend at Sheppards Center on Peachtree.I watched a couple of games tonight.These guys and girls are some real athletes!:cool:I think there is 16 teams competing.

Attachments

• rugby tournment sat and sun.jpg
    rugby tournment sat and sun.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Raleigh.jpg
    Raleigh.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Texans Rugby.jpg
    Texans Rugby.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 180

quinn

How do they scrum?

I'm guessing scrum means score?They have cones set up on each end of the court.You have to cross the line.There isw a tremendous amount of slamming and banging into one another.Some of them have some much force it sends the other player falling over.I watched a couple of practices and thought whoa.....then i went to a game where they keep score!:hair:

TurkeyJay

I'm guessing scrum means score?They have cones set up on each end of the court.You have to cross the line.There isw a tremendous amount of slamming and banging into one another.Some of them have some much force it sends the other player falling over.I watched a couple of practices and thought whoa.....then i went to a game where they keep score!:hair:

Srum:

A play in Rugby in which the two sets of forwards mass together around the ball and, with their heads down, struggle to gain possession of the ball.

I know that this is not possible for these guys but just wondering how they did it in a wheel chair. It looks like a lot of fun.

quinn

Oh okay,they do a jump ball like in basketball.

TurkeyJay

Thanks. I used to play several years back in the ATL for a rec. league. Those guys got to be tuff if they are taking a lick from those metal chairs.

Sultan of Slime

I have played that before when I was younger. They get all serious n stuff out there. Makes you want to wait for somebody out in handicap parking after the game:bounce: