Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Bump

Nugefan

:huh: :huh: :huh:

:pop:

Vernon Holt

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am not a Duranna authority, but I cannot imagine a situation which would require disking, unless you just wanted to scarify the soil in order to overseed with more Duranna or perhaps something else.

You did not specify what you thought to be the problem that demanded light disking. If you have severe weed and grass competition, spraying selective herbicide or light mowing is usually prescribed.

It it has lost its vigor, it is likely that heat and drought has taken its toll. Disking would only magnify this effect.

A light application of low nitrogen fertilizer might perk it up.

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
Vernon Holt said:
I am not a Duranna authority, but I cannot imagine a situation which would require disking, unless you just wanted to scarify the soil in order to overseed with more Duranna or perhaps something else.

You did not specify what you thought to be the problem that demanded light disking. If you have severe weed and grass competition, spraying selective herbicide or light mowing is usually prescribed.

It it has lost its vigor, it is likely that heat and drought has taken its toll. Disking would only magnify this effect.

A light application of low nitrogen fertilizer might perk it up.
I'm still learnin but from what I do know, the Duranna should green up this fall when it starts raining again. That would also be the time to fert and overseed - September

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I remember reading that we should lighty disk some type of clover (could have been an annual) to encourage it. Just wondering about duranna.

gadeerwoman

I would not disk the durana plot if it were mine. Some clovers can be lightly disked to encourage more reseeding but it's a iffy situation. I'd rather spend a few dollars on a little more seed it I need to reseed and just overseed.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Thanks

huntininmilan

My duranna plots are bouncing back a little with the little bit of rain we had......a few weeks ago they looked horrible now they don't look like the same plots....hope we keep getting a little shot here and there!