Where is your favorite Fishing Spot?

Nimrod71

Several of my friends stopped by the house to show off their catches this week and discuss their fishing trips. As we sat around and talked about the different fishing spots and I was surprised at where all we fished. Then we got into talking about our most favorite spots and things got really interesting then, I wish I had recorded all those tails. Anyway, I thought of asking the fishermen here if they had a favorite spot and the story of their best trip. Please do not list a detailed location, just the general area, you don't want to get there and find it over run with your fellow fishermen.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Brushy Branch.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Lower Flint River, Kinchafoonee Creek, and somewhere along The Forgotten Coast.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
[QUOTE="Nicodemus, post:...... and somewhere along The Forgotten Coast.[/QUOTE]

Mine too.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
West Point will always be my favorite. Specifically the area from 219 North up the river arm. I've had so many special trips it would be impossible to pick one.

I'm with Nick on saltwater. Give me the area around St. George Island any day of the week and I'd be a happy man.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
The Ocmulgee in a bunch of spots, the Flint in a bunch of spots, and some semi-private ponds.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
In GA, Ocmulgee between Jackson and Juliette.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Got to be the Ocmulgee river near Jacksonville . I lived within walking distance for the first 27 years of my life . When I moved that river was the hardest thing to leave . I moved to an awesome area for a fisherman and it’s become a close 2nd , West Point lake

hawkeye123

High Falls, no drive got to love that, Juliette, Ocmulgee, Flint, Hooch below Buford dam to Jones Bridge, No. 1 is Forgotten Coast!

Nimrod71

Ant you are right about the Ocmulgee. My brother i n law ask me to go with him, he has always fished the Ocmulgee between Lumber City and Jacksonville, so I went. Since that time I have been at least 2 dozen times and always bringing out a load of fish. It is a good place to fish.

My favorite place to fish is the Altamaha River from Jesup to the coast. If you want a boat load of catfish go to Darien.

Morgan's Lake is my prime place, it is big enough I don't think you could ever fish it out. Best place I have found to fish for bream with crickets.