Where is your favorite Fishing Spot?

snooker1

Golf courses. Caught some huge bass fishing golf course ponds. At one point in high school I was trespassed from 3 or 4 different courses. Today I have a couple of spots on the St John's River that always hold good bass and a few spots for filling a cooler of crappie.

KKrueger

In the winter I like Allatoona marina docks for crappie.
Later winter early spring trip to Hopedale LA for trout and reds.
Up to Carters in April and May for striper, hybrids and walleye.
Around memorial day a run to Crystal River FL for snook.
After that back to Allatoona w kids for huge numbers of hybrids
Early June snapper opener on gulf coast
Mid July lake erie for walleye
Early august NW Ontario for walleye
Take a break till mid September and down to Cedar key for trout and reds
October back to Hopedale and another run down in December.

Those are my favorites so far.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Lake Blackshear and Lake Eufaula...Suwannee river and the Big Bend area.

ghadarits

My place is Lake Hartwell on the Tugaloo arm between Eastanolee creek and a little north of the railroad bridge. That’s been my home waters since I was 16 and I’m 57 now. I‘ve caught several of my pb. fish along that stretech. Lots of great memories and looking forward to making a bunch more.

Liquid nails

Favorite spot is I don’t have one. Love to fish somewhere different all the time. I rarely even fish the same spot on a lake.

I live 1.5hrs away from Lanier. For some reason I do well there. May be luck. Not sure. If I had only one place I could fish it would be a hard choice of the Hill or Lanier. I think I’m going to fish Lanier this weekend. See you boys on the water.

ryork

Tough to pick just one, but have been fishing West Point since at least 1984. Specifically, it is/was a community hole but there's no telling how many pounds of fish I've pulled off that hump in front of the RR trestle particularly back in the day. I still ride it over it looking at the graph every time I'm down there regardless of season etc. Have some incredible memories trolling that hump with DD22s and bucktails before shad fishing became a widespread thing and just wearing hybrids out. Had a group of folks who were out there all the time and we could all fish that spot and nobody would get upset. Right up there with that would be anywhere up river from say the Brush Creek area all the way to above Franklin. I just love being there regardless of results. My maternal grandfather fished the heck out of that river long before West Point lake was there and guess it is my blood to some degree. Otherwise, my favorite day of fishing was on the Grand Lake Stream flowage somewhere in NE Maine.

LittleDrummerBoy

Jetties in Calcasieu Pass, Louisiana

seachaser

No question the water is salt and several places in Florida and lots in Southern California where I grew up and am very glad to be from now.

baddave

I have a sweet little pond on my farm in Taliaferro. co. 1 1/2 ac. restocked it last summer w/ bream and it's starting to pay off w/much larger bass now. I keep openings on the banks kinda clear and makes it fun to fish off the banks. It is quiet as a mouse at all times

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I generally fish in the wet spots. :)

Don't know if I have a favorite. Little blueline native speckled trout creeks. Smallmouth rivers. Clark's Hill. I like to fish for about anything about anywhere.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I have several fishing memories and either could be from my favorite places. Getting run off golf courses was the norm growing up, but the bass fishing could not be beat! We jumped fences and hit the trailer parks too! I’d say growing up, my favorite fishing spot was the bank of any posted private pond:cool:

Nowadays, my favorite spot is anywhere on Allatoona I can get a hit on top water!

TomC

Sitting on a dock on Lake Rabun with a loaf of white bread catching BIG bream cause that's what I grew up doing. Second would be skipping senkos under docks on Lake Oconee for bass!

Bkeepr

My favorite spot is a thing of the past: wading/floating the Tallapoosa river with my Daddy. He would give me an innertube with a rope to hang onto and we would wade and cast roostertails and spinners to catch the aggressive redeye bass and bream.

Alabama Power ended it all with the creation of the dam. The water rises so fast it has destroyed the fishery...the streams run backwards when the dam is generating and all of the fish eggs are washed away. the water is so icy cold that all of the bullfrogs and turtles are gone. My dad will be 88 this year and is too arthritic to get in the water. I am still grateful to have him around!

Uptonongood

South Fork of the Snake, May through Octobe!

Tight Lines

Boy such a hard one...I don't know if I could pick just one...probably my most memorable trips were not the most or biggest fish...but the prettiest and in the most rugged country...Monongahela NF Otter Creek Wilderness catching specks, Big Sky catching native west slope cutthroat trout, Labrador catching massive brookies, Patagonia catching massive browns, the Tarryall in South Park, the Piney high above Vail, or just the little springs and farm ponds in Kansas catching blue gill, catfish, and bass...being on the water is restorative...