Where is your favorite Fishing Spot?

Shadow11

I generally fish in the wet spots. :)

Don't know if I have a favorite. Little blueline native speckled trout creeks. Smallmouth rivers. Clark's Hill. I like to fish for about anything about anywhere.

This. If it has water, it has fish. It's all fun! You just have to get out there.

Richf7

It used to be the Gwinnett side of Jones Bridge but the dam releases for at least the past couple of years have made that stretch of the river unfishable in the morning, which is the only time I can go because of traffic.

Last edited:

LovinOutside

Fishing Rule #1: Loose Lips Sink Ships

Fishing Rule #2:

:)

Yeah, I thought it was against the law to even ask this. Me and my kid found a spot one time, and I made sure to tell him not to tell anyone.

There is an insiders trading exception though, assuming you know the other person pretty well.

Big7

The Oracle
Freshwater, NOTHING is in the neighborhood of the Santee- Cooper Lakes.

I don't care if I ever freshwater fish anywhere else.
Particularly Lake Moultrie and both canals.

Waddams

My peronsal favorite - wherever Capt Dave on Treasure Island out of Panama City takes us on his party boat runs. Have always come back with enough vermillion snapper (b-liners) for a decent fish supper or two, and usually have caught something more exciting. Red and black grouper, mahi, triggers...even a 6' long sand shark one time. Bloody Mary's on the run out, Miller Lite's while fishing and on the way back. And there's a cleaning stand on the dock that takes care of it all for you. We usually buy some fresh shrimp and some of the frozen seafood soup (locally make) while they're cleaning.

Best day - after it was all cleaned, we had 130 lbs of fish fillets. Had a massive fish fry that night.

JonathanG2013

My dad and I had some of the best time at the Sinclair Plant Dam tailwater. We would walk in along the bottom of the dam and cross over the wall. Caught many stripe, cat, white bass. One time walking back out a fell in a hole that had water in in on the rocks. There were two gar in the little hole. My dad was laughing so hard.

I have not been back since he died in 2014. It was a great fishing spot. The memories with him, might have been a little better.

oldfella1962

Going small-scale here folks! This six or so acre pond/lake on a local military base is my favorite! I fish from the bank, and there are no water-shield pads (just some coon-tail weeds) and the pond gets deep pretty fast. Hands down one of the best ponds for bank fishing on this base. It has bass, bluegills, and shellcrackers but no catfish or crappie - no big deal, I rarely fish for those anyway. It's never crowded either.
The downside? After it rains and this normally clear pond gets muddy it's slow fishing for a few days. Of course, that overflow area isn't affected. That bluegill I caught today, with my flip-phone for size comparison.

One time I caught a tropical fish (an Oscar cichlid) somebody had released from their home aquarium. :eek:

And the best part is the big square area on the outflow side of the berm/dam.
It checks all the boxes:
SHADE
SOLITUDE
LOTS OF BLUEGILLS

Attachments

• PHONEFISH.jpg
    PHONEFISH.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 5
  • SQUAREFISH.jpg
    SQUAREFISH.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 5
  • SQUAREFISH2.jpg