Who thinks this little dude has a long NFL career???

Madsnooker

He is a great talent I just never realized how tiny he is. He's and inch shorter and 15ibs lighter then Kyler Murray.
In the video below he reminds me of one of my sons playing football back when he was 14 yrs old.
11772140.jpeg.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bryce Young looks….small <a href="https://t.co/byOTXNXfXe">pic.twitter.com/byOTXNXfXe</a></p>&mdash; Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) <a href=" ">May 12, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Someone who gets paid to know thinks size will not be an issue.

It was never an issue, in my opinion, just for me,” Brown said. “He’s still playing football, so if we’re in a competition for the tallest, the biggest, the fastest — if it were an overall combine deal, then maybe so. … For me personally, I never cared about it because I evaluate tape, I evaluate the person. I think about the projection to this level and Bryce is himself.

“I’m not interested in comparisons about who came before or what’s coming in the future. I try to look at everybody individually of what they can do and what they can bring to the table.”

Young has only gone through a rookie minicamp, but Brown has liked what he’s seen from the young QB since he’s been in the building.

“I think everything you saw on tape from him at Alabama, I think just from the beginning of the process, from how he handles pressure, to his operation, to the QB mechanics, ball placement,” Brown said. “Having a chance to be with him in person, sit in meetings, hear him call back plays, talk through concepts.”

Madsnooker

I personally hope he excels as I like him as a player and as a person. I just know that body can't take much abuse and players are going to try and take him out. I'm still shocked at how small he really is and yet here he is in the NFL. Extraordinary to say the least!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
He’s small, for sure, but don’t forget, those are some big dudes he’s standing around. You and I would prolly look small amongst them. I like Bryce Young, and hope he has a great NFL career. Seems like a good dude, and I’ll pull for guys like him. He has the talent to succeed in the league.

James12

I’d put my money on him having a better career than the big and strong Cardell Jones and Terrell Pryor :)

Madsnooker

I’d put my money on him having a better career than the big and strong Cardell Jones and Terrell Pryor :)
I know why you threw that out there as your disdain for OSU has no bounds but those couldn't have been worse comps. Jones was a 3rd string backup most of his career and Pryor.....lol.....was a running qb that threw passes if he had to. They were not #1 picks in the nfl. As I said I love Bryce Young I just never realized he was smaller then I even thought and I'm fascinated how his career plays out as the #1 pick????
Again though I know your reason for the reply ands it's all good James...:bounce:

James12

I know why you threw that out there as your disdain for OSU has no bounds but those couldn't have been worse comps. Jones was a 3rd string backup most of his career and Pryor.....lol.....was a running qb that threw passes if he had to. They were not #1 picks in the nfl. As I said I love Bryce Young I just never realized he was smaller then I even thought and I'm fascinated how his career plays out as the #1 pick????
Again though I know your reason for the reply ands it's all good James...:bounce:
I think you were noodling a little bit eh? Looking forward to the June update :). Exciting times up north :)

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
But the guy who won B2B Natties isn't NFL talent. :rolleyes:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
But the guy who won B2B Natties isn't NFL talent. :rolleyes:
He don’t need to see over the line to throw the ball. That’s old school. Ain’t nobody going to fall on him. Hit him from the blind side running 15 mph weight 375 @ 6’6’ tall. Never mind that greasy spot on the turf.
That’s all old school.

They do say he has a chance so let’s hope he does ok. I don’t watch much NFL football.

westcobbdog

He's an Uber talented qb but I wonder how long before he gets sandwiched between 2 converging 270lb DE's and gets crushed and something breaks. Hope I am wrong.