Who thinks this little dude has a long NFL career???

Hunter922

Gotta keep him clean. Quick passes or great protection and throw the ball away. If he gets caught running or takes to many sacks I think he will struggle to stay healthy ( much larger and stronger QB'S doas well). Bigger and faster is the NFL defense and they know that the starting QB on the sidelines is an easier path to the win..

stringmusic

Y’all can name all the small people you want in different sports, they are the exception to the rule and are a tiny fraction of players.

I don’t know what kind of career he will have in the NFL, but being that small doesn’t bode well for a long and healthy one.

stringmusic

But the guy who won B2B Natties isn't NFL talent. :rolleyes:
The NFL ain’t minor league ball. Scouts get it wrong sometimes, but I assure you there is a reason Bennett didn’t get drafted earlier.

Players get drafted based on talent and potential in the NFL, not on winning in college with a stacked team while playing St. Mary’s Sister school for the blind tech half their games.

He might pull a Brady and be a winner in the league, but his chances of being out of the league in 3 years or a career backup are much much higher.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The NFL ain’t minor league ball. Scouts get it wrong sometimes, but I assure you there is a reason Bennett didn’t get drafted earlier.

Players get drafted based on talent and potential in the NFL, not on winning in college with a stacked team while playing St. Mary’s Sister school for the blind tech half their games.

He might pull a Brady and be a winner in the league, but his chances of being out of the league in 3 years or a career backup are much much higher.

Everybody and his brother has said this stuff about Bennett his whole career. And then he takes the field and wins.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Prepare for incoming, you done messed up the DAWG faithfuls ice cream talking like that.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Prepare for incoming, you done messed up the DAWG faithfuls ice cream talking like that.

Nah. Heard it all before for years.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
One thing is certain. Both those young men have accomplished more in their sport than anyone on this board. They’ve accomplished more than a small percentage of college players have done.

stringmusic

Everybody and his brother has said this stuff about Bennett his whole career. And then he takes the field and wins.
I totally get that, we can look at high school and college records of a ton of QB’s that couldn’t make it in the NFL though.

Take this for example,
Moore, Kellen
Moore, Kellen Boise State's Kellen Moore (2008-11) The Boise State underachiever has stats that most quarterbacks only dream of. With an incredible 50-3 record, he is the all-time winningest quarterback in college football history, and he graduated with more touchdown passes than anybody in history
What’s Kellen up to these days?

NFL scouts aren’t oblivious to Bennett, they know what he is and what he’s done and he was drafted accordingly.

stringmusic

Dang the quoting system used to be easier!

stringmusic

One thing is certain. Both those young men have accomplished more in their sport than anyone on this board. They’ve accomplished more than a small percentage of college players have done.
Agreed, my only point is that doesn’t mean anything in the NFL.

TinKnocker

Looks like a Make a Wish kid out there.