Wilcox/Turner

deerbuster

It was time to start a new one. How all is ready for season I know I am:fine:. How is everybody's place looking for the upcoming season? Post your kills and things from squirrels to hogs that yall have slayed in Wilcox or Turner! I'm looking forward to this year!

deerbuster

Looks like this year might be pretty promising for me this year, persimmons looking pretty good, and plots are about to be planted and found me a new honey hole!

SouthGAHunter

Hopefully this season will be good! I'm a little baffled to hear reports of peas that are over a foot tall and the deer haven't torn them apart on our place. Guess there is too many corn and peanut fields. Maybe they will start hittin em hard around the 12th.

Hut2

Hey fellas! Just wondering if our club could be included in ya'lls report? It's in NW Ben Hill Co. Bout 2 mi. from Wilcox line & bout 8 mi. West of Turner.:cheers:

deerbuster

Yeah man! Come on with some updates and whatever else.

Hut2

Yeah man! Come on with some updates and whatever else.

Thanks a lot. Got some members going to add a few plots & scout some in the next few days. I'll get a report soon & share it. Talked to our neighbor hunter by phone today & he imformed me that he killed a 475 boar last Sunday. Took bout 4 guys to load 'm up. Getting good rain too, they said.

deerbuster

Our soft mass is doing well..The deer are weird right now, they haven't even touch or peas! The peas are about knee high too!

poolman67

Putting my bow down this year. Taking my 10 year old daughter. She's been practicing with my crossbow. Hope we have good luck on opening day. Crab apples have been eaten from groun to 6 ft. Not a good year for persimmons. Food plots are still looking good. We are going to plant again in a few weeks. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE and BE SAFE

deerbuster

Who all is gonna be in the woods this Saturday and Sunday?

deerbuster

How was the deer movement this weekend for yall? We only had one guy see a deer the whole weekend.

wet feet

I saw a small buck sat evening. One of the other guys saw 2 doe sun evening. All right before dark

poolman67

Had great weekend. 10 yr old daughter got her 1st deer a 6pt, 160 lbs. She got him Saturday at 8:20am w/ crossbow. I posted picture under deerhunting. We also saw 2 does, 2 fawn, and 2 spikes Sat evening. One other member saw a 4 pt and a 6pt. No big bucks seen.

Gobblergetter

we have a problem with hogs.. I had one spot where I had been watching deer prety regular and now it is covered with hogs and no deer.

they just got to go:shoot:

SouthGAHunter

This weekend gobblergetter and myself along with deerbuster and a few others are gonna do our hand at a little swine control and God forbid a nanny or her husband come wandering by in the process.

deerbuster

Who all is gonna here for opening day of gun season?