Yahoola Tourney - March 28, 2009

russ010

Lizard Drager posted a little while ago about putting together a little jon boat club for north ga fisherman, so that we wouldn't have to travel south of Atlanta for other club meets.. I came up with a new name - Bass Anglers of North Georgia (BANG)... The lakes we're going to fish are going to be in North Georgia. The website is up and running - http://www.bassanglersofnorthgeorgia.com

We also have a forum setup for BANG on another website - go ahead and join up and post... plus look around and see if you can help anybody out with questions or get answers to your questions on jon boat mods - http://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=46

Entry fee will be $20 per boat + $5 per person going into big fish pot. If more than one person is in the boat - the Big Fish pot will be even bigger if everyone puts in. Big Fish will also include a package of baits from JDBaits.com, provided by Jim (owner of tinboats.net)... but you must be a Tinboats.net member to win! So join now and get a whole slew of new online friends (by the way - these are the best guys out there...)

Depending on how many people we have is how big the payout will be. Winnings will be rounded to the nearest $5. Tie breaker will be determined by the biggest fish caught of the 5. Big Fish Pot tie will result in 50% split in winnings.

*10 or less boats, all winnings go to 1st place.
*11-25 boats, 1st-65%, 2nd-35%

So... If you plan on fishing it, post that you're in and we'll go from there. This is an open tournament, then we'll decide who wants to join and go on from there. We were going to do this at Lathem, but the shotty weather kinda held back a lot of people who wanted more information on the club.

Regular tourney rules apply..
1. No charges at Yahoola
2. All State and local regulations apply
3. Fish Safelight - 4pm. Fishing starts when all boats are in the water. Be there by 7:15. Fishing will start at 7:30 - we all should be on the water by then as well.
4. Payment will be due at check-in (cash only). If you're not there by the time the last person is in the water - sorry... we have fish to catch! Everyone should also be back at the ramp by 4pm - if you're at the ramp, all lines should be out of the water at 4pm. Late boaters will have .4oz deductions from total weight for each minute past 4pm.
5. 5 fish limit, minimum 12" length, culling should be done prior to getting to the ramp for weigh in.
Short Fish Rule applies - 1lb will be deducted from total weight for each fish under 12". If you're not sure, find me prior to weigh in for measurement.
6. No live bait, artificial lures only
7. Livewells only, coolers or rubbermaids are acceptable with proper aeration (all will be checked - aerators and fish)- no stringers
8. Captain only, or Captain + co-angler
9. -5 oz reduction for each dead fish
10. 1 rod per angler in water at time
11. No Trolling
12. Littering will not be tolerated
13. Keep a 100ft distance from other fishers.
14. And NO gripe'n if you lose - all livewells will be checked prior to getting in the water.
15. NO boats will be out of the water until weigh-in is complete. This was a rule for the Lathem tx as well, but since it was nasty weather we let it slide... but don't expect it for future tournaments.
16. WAIVER AND HOLD HARMLESS. All contestants agree to hold harmless any and all promoters, tournament directors, agents, and participants of the BANG Tournament at Yahoola Creek Reservoir, March 28, 2009. Furthermore, all contestants agree to waiver all responsibility for death, injuries, damage, liability, theft, fire or loss of any kind to entrants."

All disputes, questions or concerns will be decided by either Lizard Drager or myself, and our word is final.

Any angler breaking any of the rules will be disqualified resulting in forfeiture of any monies paid.

The people below are who I'm pretty sure will be there... if not, let me know and I'll take you off. Names in Blue are defintely going to be there.

1. Lizard Drager (Dale) + 1
2. russ010
3. krusty + Jay
4. NorthGA Bowhunter (Randy) + Wilbur
5. turkeyhunter835 (Tyler) & Broncoxlt (Kevin)
6. stickum (Anthony) + Randy
7. Joe and Chris... Lathem Winners :clap:
8. RichardGrayJr (Gray) & Father (another dad and son duo - this is awesome)
9. DAWG1419 (Brian) & Justin (father & son!)

Last edited:

russ010

nope, no dues. We haven't started the club yet... this is just going to be friendly fishing tourneys - I'm not even sure if there will be dues or not... but I'll add ya to the list

russ010

that was one of the lakes we were talking about going to.. also a few other places.. y'all are going to have to tell me how to get to some of these lakes - I have no idea where some of them are.

Here are a few that I was thinking about, let me know what you think - I know there are others, but either I don't know about them or I don't know the names

Lathem
Lake Acworth (maybe)
Carters Re-Reg
Yahoola
Somewhere around Lake Weiss??

hicktownboy

I may be in. I must talk to my partner and see what we got going this spring. What kind of dates are we looking at?

russ010

this is the first date set... we're just getting this club started off, so we want to see what the participation is going to be like first.

we'll try to get everybody's calendar schedule so that most dates can be fished - I know I have military atleast one weekend a month, so I might miss some too, but we'll see once we get members.

Buck&Tom Hunter

I'll have to let you know when it gets closer if I will for sure be there. Im leavin on the 7th and headin to Okeechobee and the St. Johns River. If the fishin is good we may be there a while. Its my last college spring break trip.

russ010

I'll have to let you know when it gets closer if I will for sure be there. Im leavin on the 7th and headin to Okeechobee and the St. Johns River. If the fishin is good we may be there a while. Its my last college spring break trip.

Enjoy it while you can! Just wait til you hit the "real world"... I used to hate when my dad told me that - but boy do I sure wish I had paid more attention then, now I know exactly what he was talking about

hicktownboy

I got the go ahead from my partner. Looks like you have Team North GA College in with yall. Looking forward to it.

deepwater

Probly can't fish on March 14[but would like to] because I may have to work but I'm interested in fishing with yall this year. Are yall gonna limit the # of boats in the club or just the first tx? Put me in as maybe for now and when I find out for sure I'l let you know.

lizard drager

we kinda want to have a limit only because i dont want to show up at lathem on the 14th and there be 25 or 30 boats there,parkin would be a nightmare.but also evrybody cant fish evry tourny we will have.im gona get a website goin so we can camuticate as a club. thanks and welcome abord.

bassfan

lathem

Just curious, do you have to get a permit for tournaments on these lakes?
Lizard Dragger did you fish Yahoola yet? Does anybody know when the lake at Canton is going to be opened, or the name of the one over by Adairsville ?

Last edited: