Your 4 Playoff Teams

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I know this won't be popular with a lot of you, but hear me out. I would leave out both Bama and Ohio State from the playoff. Bama did not even play for the SEC title, and for that reason alone, I am leaving them out. Ohio State won their conference championship, but I cannot get past those 2 blowout loses to Oklahoma and Iowa. That Oklahoma loss was at home. And that blowout loss to Iowa, which ended it's regular season at 7-5, is just awful.

Now I'll explain my reasoning for putting USC in that 4th spot. USC won their conference championship. Loss by 3 points on the road to #16 Washington St. Their other loss was a blowout at #13 Notre Dame, which ended the regular season at 9-3.

My 4 Playoff Teams
  • Clemson
  • Oklahoma
  • Georgia
  • USC

I think Alabama and Ohio State will now play each other in the Peach Bowl. :D

Yes, I know USC is lower in the playoff rankings, but that's the 4 I'd go with.

Last edited:

chainshaw

I know this won't be popular with a lot of you, but hear me out. I would leave out both Bama and Ohio State from the playoff. Bama did not even play for the SEC title, and for that reason alone, I am leaving them out. Ohio State won their conference championship, but I cannot get past those 2 blowout loses to Oklahoma and Iowa. That Oklahoma loss was at home. And that blowout loss to Iowa, which ended it's regular season at 7-5, is just awful.

Now I'll explain my reasoning for putting USC in that 4th spot. USC won their conference championship. Loss by 3 points on the road to #16 Washington St. Their other loss was a blowout at #13 Notre Dame, which ended the regular season at 9-3.

My 4 Playoff Teams
  • Clemson
  • Oklahoma
  • Georgia
  • USC

I think Alabama and Ohio State will now play each other in the Peach Bowl. :D

Yes, I know USC is lower in the playoff rankings, but that's the 4 I'd go with.

I love OSU and I hope that they get in, but that being said, I can't disagree too much with your thought process. As long as Barrett is at QB, OSU can be the best team in the land or the most mediocre team in the land. I just don't see a 3 loss team getting in, though.

bullgator

I also agree with jake. Bama is a one loss team who lost by 12 to a top 10 team. USC is a 2 loss team with a 35 point loss being one of those. OSU is another 2 loss team with 15 and 31 point losses.
Last season established that you don't have to be a conference champion to get in.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Clemson
Oklahoma
Georgia
Alabama

Alabama has a better SOC and FPI than OSU (sorry about that guth)
UCF deserves some consideration but NO and I am a Frost fan for obvious reasons.

Matthew6

Banned thug
do we really need to see Ohio State get rolled by Oklahoma again or Clemson

Matthew6

Banned thug
The Sabin and Kirby storyline has more appeal then watching another big 10 team waste a spot and get steam rolled