your opinion needed

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
let's say you respond to for sale post and ask specific guestions about the item and the seller replys but doesn't answer 90% of your questions what do you do?? continue to ask the questions or write it all off because there must be a reason they don't want to answer the questions???

Buckbuster

Write him off, if he doesn't give you a straight answer to a straight question that is a red flag and you go no farther.

Ga-Spur

Especially if they have a low number of posts. Could be a Flim-Flam. Don't let it bother you.

QuakerBoy

I agree with buckbuster...I would pass

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
I dont think you can judge by the number of post.. Maybe they didnt understand you.. who knows ::huh: ..I would ask one more time or if it was something I really wanted I would ask for a number.Then discuss over the phone.. I'm not saying to beg to get answer but I would'nt give up without trying twice..Good luck.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Send them a Pm and see if they answer in private, if not write them off.

Jim

Mrbowdeadly

Number your questions and ask for answers in the order they were asked.

In Psychology there is a phenomenon known as "Primacy and Recency" (sp.)

Simply stated people will remember the first thing and the last thing you tell them. I imagine it applies to questions as well.

MBD

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
It would be hard for me to judge the person from the

description in your question, there are just too many possibilities.

From what you wrote I assumed you only ask once :confused:

They even might not understand your question ;)

Communication is often difficult, writing on the web, from both sides IMO

I have even had posters that were reluctant to ans on line ans quickly in a PM :confused:

The answers so far are good but there are more possibilities and if you are still interested I suggest you continue to attempt to communicate with them until you are sure that they are ignoring you, then move on :)

Most of our members seem quick to respond and willing to answer the questions put to them :)

good luck

leo

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
Jim and Leo I usually send my questions in a PM this time I asked --(encore) --rifle or pistol barrel,standard TC or custom parts, how old,shot a lot ,bottom dollar the reply was only about the price---I replyed ?what about my other questions by PM and no reply ------- bumped the for sale post by asking where he lives --with no reply but he has BTT his post since then????? I think I'll pass on this even though I am really interested ------I have had several for sales I replyed to that wouldn't answer questions eddy m

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
Stumpman pm sent eddy

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
thanks Stumpman

Kdog

Eddy, maybe I just did not want to sell to.........Oh wait a minute, I don't have a gun for sale. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ::gone: ::gone:

Hope you get what you are looking for.

Kdog

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
K dog I heard you put a life-time warranty on all guns you sell :speechles :speechles :speechles :speechles so just let me know what ya have :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: eddy

Kdog

Just messin. I do have one little weapon I might be willing to sell. She is mean as a hornet, and could kill most anything that crosses her path from chipmuncks-kodiacks.

Naw, you wouldn't be interested in my wife would ya?

K

Almost forgot, I will give you a lifetime warranty on this one.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
I've got her sister would ya consider a trade //////// no warranty implied ::ke: ::ke: :fine: eddy

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
btt

Handgunner

One thing that gets me is people that don't keep their word. People that say "I'm really interested, but give me a few days" and then you don't hear anything from them.

I don't understand that.

It's all about respect for me.. I try to keep my word on everything.. and in return, I guess I expect that.

If you tell a seller "I'll get back with you" get back with him. If as a seller you say you'll do something... do it.

Don't go back on your word.

One person has kept his word to a T with me and went above and beyond what he had to, to make the deal go through.

Sadly, that person left us not too long ago. :(

dutchman

I vote with Mr. Bowdeadly. I would number the questions so they don't get "lost" in the post or PM. I have been guilty of answering someone via email and failing to answer all questions. I don't do it intentionally, it just happens.

I also agree with Delton. Keep your word even if it hurts. Especially with kids.

Latest posts