PHOTO COP QUESTION????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big7

The Oracle
I just got a letter saying I need to send a payment of 75 $ to the cops for a school zone speeding violation. So I got to look a little closer and see if school was even in at the time, etc...

And.... They just say if I don't pay I can't transfer the title or get the tag renewed. Doesn't say anything about contempt of a REAL court or anything like that so my question is how can they even prove I knew about the letter, much less the violation, if they didn't send the letter certified?

And... Will this camera crap hold up if I just say "your little camera must not have been working properly".

Thanks For The Replies.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
They have pictures of your vehicles doing what they say it did.They also give in certain areas a 10 mph grace speed.
You don,t have to be the driver,Did you let someone drive that vehicle that day?
Tag renewal and registration is how they get you to pay.Never heard of anyone fighting the charge and winning.You might be the one to set a precident.

MOTS

It's cheaper on charging the vehicle instead of you. Wife got one for running a red light in Savannah. She said it was yellow and couldn't make the stop. 68.00 fine. If pulled over by an officer, I'm sure it would have been more. Perfect photo of her vehicle under a red light.

Redbow

Man I hate it for ya but you will probably be better off to pay the fine instead of trying to fight it but that's up to you. I see the little camera's here at the intersections every time I am out and about. I'm sure those camera's probably pay for themselves many times over with the fines that are collected every day, click and you're caught. Good luck.

Big7

The Oracle
Yeah. I used to live not to far from there before it turned dark.

They threw up that school a few years ago. It's way back from the road so you can barely even see it and I haven't drove by there during the hours the lights flash to my knowledge.

Looks like they could put up something besides one tiny flashing light at a school zone for the hours it's in force.

Just look at a School Bus. You don't see to many folks blowing by them.

Recon I'll just send them crooked son of a (GUNS :bounce:) $75.00 and get it over with. facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.