Dumb question for smart people #3

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
That’s good to know. I didn’t expect them to ticket when schools out for the day.
see craka''s post #15 he speaks from experience.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Idiot honking can go around or just keep honking. Might even slam on the brakes and see if I can get him to buy me a new truck.
This spurred a thought to me.

2 cars, side by side, the camera is triggered.

Who gets the ticket?

transfixer

I'm getting a little sick of drivers thinking just because another driver "isn't doing it right" they have some right to ride you're bumper and give you the bird. I mean so what someone had to slow down for 5 seconds, OH the tragedy. I'm feeling more anger management classes in my future

I feel the same way, I did have a bumper sticker on my tailgate that said "if you can read this I'm about to inflate your airbags!" , it got looking ratty and I took it off, need to buy another one,

but I have a good sized trailer hitch that sticks out a ways, just waiting to dent someone's shin for cutting around the back of my truck in a parking lot , or redesigning someone's grill and radiator if they follow me too closely !

and if they blow the horn too much I will get out of the truck and see if I can help them ! :cool:

Jim Baker

Staff member
But should they?
Speed of both vehicles at the time the picture?
1 car speeding passing a car doing the speed limit?

Can the cameras determine speed of multiple, individual vehicles?
No and cameras should not be able to track peoples movement and then issue tickets while not being able to positively identifying the driver.

To paraphrase a well worn analogy. Cars don't speed, people do. I don't see how you can legally charge a car with speeding.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
No and cameras should not be able to track peoples movement and then issue tickets while not being able to positively identifying the driver.

To paraphrase a well worn analogy. Cars don't speed, people do. I don't see how you can legally charge a car with speeding.
Who gets a ticket if an autonomous car is speeding or does an I proper lane change?

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
The flock cameras don't record speeders do they ? I understood they only record the license plate and picture of rear of vehicle to compare to outstanding warrants or bolo's ?
In schools zones they record speeds also.

Last edited:

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
The flock cameras don't record speeders do they ? I understood they only record the license plate and picture of rear of vehicle to compare to outstanding warrants or bolo's ?
There are 2 variations.
If the camera and little solar panel are mounted on a black pole, it's a tag reader.
If it's on a silver pole, it's a speed camera.

BassRaider

I might have picked up dozens of camera tickets over the years. My license has my physical address but I don't have a mailbox and use the PO Box.
Wondered what happens when the popo comes knocking at my door with a warrant for unpaid tickets or if I'm pulled over for some reason?

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I might have picked up dozens of camera tickets over the years. My license has my physical address but I don't have a mailbox and use the PO Box.
Wondered what happens when the popo comes knocking at my door with a warrant for unpaid tickets or if I'm pulled over for some reason?
Let us know