Dumb question for smart people #3

bilgerat

Senior
I received a school zone ticket from Gwinette co and and I wasnt driving my truck that day, My gal was, I looked into disputing it and found out I couldnt do it online, I had to take a day off, drive half way across the county and fill out paper work ,then take another day off and go back when they had the dispute court day. I just paid the 85 bucks.

oldfella1962

When they closed schools for the cold last week, I slowed at the flashing school zone where the camera takes the speeders photo.

The sign says “when Flashing” but some goomer gave me the horn and one finger salute.

So the question is, do they disregard the photos on school closure days?

I sure don’t trust them to not send the ticket. If they had that much control they would turn them off that day.

What say you?
You did the right thing. As for one-finger salute guy, too bad you couldn't ask him if he will pay your fine if you hadn't slowed down?

oldfella1962

If school is out there is no school zone. I've seen them flash on weekends, holidays, spring/fall/winter breaks and even after school is out for summer. It's just a programming thing. The lights didn't get the memo to take the day off. So,no, school zone speeds cannot be enforced if there's no school.
That's in theory anyway. Theory is more often correct in theory than in reality.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I might have picked up dozens of camera tickets over the years. My license has my physical address but I don't have a mailbox and use the PO Box.
Wondered what happens when the popo comes knocking at my door with a warrant for unpaid tickets or if I'm pulled over for some reason?
They know where to find you if they want you!!!!

oldfella1962

I'm getting a little sick of drivers thinking just because another driver "isn't doing it right" they have some right to ride you're bumper and give you the bird. I mean so what someone had to slow down for 5 seconds, OH the tragedy. I'm feeling more anger management classes in my future
I can relate! What grinds my gears is when I'm stopped (at a stop sign trying get a break in traffic to get onto a main road) or I'm at a green light turning left but I have to yield to oncoming traffic - and somebody behind me is also waiting. If I don't risk my life trying to "thread the needle" and pull serious G's like a test pilot, some people start honking immediately. If it's daytime, you can see them shouting "why didn't you go? I would have gone! You could have made it - I would have made it!" :rolleyes:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I received a school zone ticket from Gwinette co and and I wasnt driving my truck that day, My gal was, I looked into disputing it and found out I couldnt do it online, I had to take a day off, drive half way across the county and fill out paper work ,then take another day off and go back when they had the dispute court day. I just paid the 85 bucks.
Unless you had reported it as stolen before she got the ticket your responsible for who is driving your vehicle.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I can relate! What grinds my gears is when I'm stopped (at a stop sign trying get a break in traffic to get onto a main road) or I'm at a green light turning left but I have to yield to oncoming traffic - and somebody behind me is also waiting. If I don't risk my life trying to "thread the needle" and pull serious G's like a test pilot, some people start honking immediately. If it's daytime, you can see them shouting "why didn't you go? I would have gone! You could have made it - I would have made it!" :rolleyes:
Just get out of the vehicle.Go around back and have a empty beer can you can get out of a cooler or the trunk.Look at them salute them with a beer and then continue on.You get some really weird looks.

oldfella1962

No and cameras should not be able to track peoples movement and then issue tickets while not being able to positively identifying the driver.

To paraphrase a well worn analogy. Cars don't speed, people do. I don't see how you can legally charge a car with speeding.
Cars can also get ticketed or sent a bill for being on a toll road or in a designated toll lane. People have gotten tickets/bills sent to them when their car was being towed. You can see in the picture that the car is clearly on a tow truck/trailer. But if the picture shows your license plate number, you get a ticket. Yes you can fight it and get reimbursed by whoever is towing your vehicle, but that's beside the point. You can research this online - it's crazy!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Just get out of the vehicle.Go around back and have a empty beer can you can get out of a cooler or the trunk.Look at them salute them with a beer and then continue on.You get some really weird looks.
I love the look in their face's when the back up lights come on om my 1 ton. :bounce:

oldfella1962

I'm not fast enough to dodge bullets anymore! :LOL: Too many mentally unstable people driving around these days.

transfixer

I love the look in their face's when the back up lights come on om my 1 ton. :bounce:
When I was a teenager I had a 73 Ford van I customized, had a built 302 with flat top pistons, headers and a small Holley four barrel, I converted it from a 3sp on the column to an automatic, and put the reverse lights on a toggle switch, when someone got too close behind me I'd simply turn on the reverse lights ! it was funny watching them back off , ;)

oldfella1962

When I was a teenager I had a 73 Ford van I customized, had a built 302 with flat top pistons, headers and a small Holley four barrel, I converted it from a 3sp on the column to an automatic, and put the reverse lights on a toggle switch, when someone got too close behind me I'd simply turn on the reverse lights ! it was funny watching them back off , ;)
I have heard about people doing that - it's awesome! :sneaky:

buckmanmike

Several years ago Gwinnett County sent me a ticket for passing a school bus. At the time I was a commercial truck driver. I took my logs and showed I was out of state on that date. Ticket was dismissed. they asked me who was driving my vehicle. I told them I didnt know.(Shuuuu, it was my wife)

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Does the camera stop for a one day closure? I sure don’t want to deal with a government worker to argue school was out that day.
I am not concerned with non camera zones as the cops are there to see it’s closed.
You would probably get sent a ticket. You won’t be dealing with a government employee though. It’s a private company that handles those cameras. I got sent one a couple years ago. The lights were flashing but I knew school was out for the summer. I went to local PD and they said call the number on the ticket. As soon as a called they admitted to a glitch and canceled the ticket