Single Hens?

BOSSOFTHEWOODS

Who has seen a hen off by herself already? Sunday,my buddy was waitin on me at the truck and a hen crossed the road & fed by herslf for 30 mins (Jasper cnty.) Monday on way home from work I saw 2 singles mile & a half apart here in east Newton cnty.Could it be startin a little early this year?:cool:

Dudley Do-Wrong

Single hen????? she must be ugly.

short stop

I saw 2 diff singles today bout 1/2 mile apart in diff foodplots .They never even so much as gave me a yelp back .

gdaagent

Saw a single cross 36 south of Woodland in Talbot County this morning about 9:30.

Curtis-UGA

I work at a golf course and every year the first of March this hen shows up by her lonesome. She stays till May and dissapears . No gobblers around. She isn't nesting b/c she travels the whole cuurse. I guess she doesn't get into these spring flings! I wish there were more like her, I would limit out quicker.

SouthGAHunter

Saw to single ladies this past weekend in Laurens Co.....poor girls were just-a-yelpin and cluckin looking for boyfriends

spring

I saw one this afternoon while driving to my farm. I stopped and looked at her thru my binocs at about 100 yards and she could not have cared less as she walked across a freshly plowed field.

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
It has started already. They are nesting. Word around here is that they are breeding off of the roost and the hens are nesting. By 10:30am they are fired up again but just a little more leary about comming in than in a normal season. About two weeks ahead of schedule. Never thought I would hear myself say that and mean it in a bad way.:banginghe Good Luck, Tim

fulldraw74

Called 2 single hens up (sun. morning and another sun. evening) both were cutting and cackling up a storm. Once they found the decoys they didnt want to leave.

bull0ne

Banned
Saw two different hens last week headed into nesting cover and I suspect they were going to lay an egg..............or is it just hoping she's laying and bout to start sitting?:D

bubbafowler

I saw 2 diff singles today bout 1/2 mile apart in diff foodplots .They never even so much as gave me a yelp back .

me too!! cept they werent in food plots. Ive never been able to NOT call in a hen or at least get a yelp back unless they were nesting, but its WAY too early for all that.

BIGHORN26

Saw one this mornin in cherokee. Too bad the toms are sooooo call shy by now that they only talk from the roost!!!!!!!!!!!

Adirondacker

Seen a couple single hens in mid afternoon here in Hart Co.. That may mean they are laying but not sitting.

waregle1

Hens

My son and I hunted last weekend in SW Ga. All we saw were hens. It was very strange. We did not see or hear a gobbler. I know they are on the property because we have seen them before. It was just weird. We did use the time to study the hens and their noises. We also found 2 new places to hunt S Ga geese + we caught over 50 bass.

No gobbler but a darn good weekend anyway.......:banana: