feeders- anyone have ideas

COLEMAN

I am wanting to build some feeders. I want them to be as lite as possible, hense less wood. Anyone built them before?

sweatequity

corrugated pipe

I use black plastic corrugated pipe that is about 8-10 inches in diameter. I use a tee for the top to keep rain out and strap it to a tree with a bungee cord. Just place the pipe about 2-3 inches from the ground and you have a gravity fed feeder for little money...

COLEMAN

I was thinking more along the lines of trough feeders. I want to suplement feed. I have tried the pipe before. works good except for hogs and coons bothering it.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Try a 50 gallon plastic barrel cut in half and with a little wood and some type of top, you should be in business!

Gage

H

HT2

Gage.......

Exactly right!!!!!!!!!!

That's what we have.....

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

A buddy of mine made all of ours.....

Dog Hunter

COLEMAN said:
I was thinking more along the lines of trough feeders. I want to suplement feed. I have tried the pipe before. works good except for hogs and coons bothering it.
They want bother a trough???

gadeerwoman

Hogs will turn over a trough feeder unless you anchor it GOOD. And yes, raccoons will eat from any type feeder. They aren't picky. Raccoons, possum, crows...if they see feed they're in it.

RCCola

I use 6" PVC pipe 5' long with a PVC cap to go on top. Gravity feed.

I also use stump feeders. From a distance it looks like a real stump, but they are molded out of styrofoam. I ordered from a place in Alabama about 4 years ago. Gravity feed on two sides of the stump.