Hog hunting question

jneil

In the Georgia hunting regs it states that archery equipment is allowable for small game and it also states that broadheads must be used for hogs. So my question is; if I'm hunting hogs at a WMA during small season with a bow and I have broadheads, am I violating any laws?

SELFBOW

I would say yes. on Savannah River refuge during small game you must use their weapon. example is no buckshot or slug, must be #4 or smaller. I think same would apply to archery.

robert carter

No you are not breaking any laws. On most wma`s you can hunt hogs during small game with a bow and you for sure want to use broadheads.I prefer to shoot rabbits with broadheads and nutters are old broadheads for tree rats.RC

jneil

Thanks for the replies. The regulations are confusing at best regarding hog hunting with a bow during small game season in WMA.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Some of the regs are confussing as all get out. The way I read some of them, you may not be allowed to hunt hogs on some of the WMA's. You probably need to check each and every WMA for their own, or special regs.

matthewsman

any bow is considered a small game weapon

You also can hunt them with any caliber muzzleloader during small game seasons,squirrel season for example.Of course it has to be a wma where hog hunting is allowed..The regs are straightforward on it...