Bait Tank

clay30286

I know we have some striper fishermen in here, so I will ask. I need a big bait tank... used to hold bream of medium to extra large size (6" - 9"). Generally I will only hold them for 6 hours or less until I can get them back into river water, lake etc. Currently I have a 50 gallon or so rubbermaid tote with the pictured accessories below. It has served well for 2 years but is now starting to rip. My biggest problems with it are 1) Stability (it flexes and bows when full and 2) temperature (it heats up during the day). Has anyone got any good ideas on building one?

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 191
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 192
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 172

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Clay,

What about using a large cooler and doing the same thing with it as you're currently doing with the Rubbermaid tub. With a cooler it would be more ridgid and since it's also insulated, if you were to add some ice to it, it should keep the bait cool and livelier for longer periods of time.

Just a thought... ;)

fredw

Retired Moderator
Clay

I have a pdf file with plans for another bait tank. I tried to email it to you via the board's email function but that doesn't allow me to attach a file. If you will pm me with your email, I'll send the document to you.

clay30286

Fred... Sent PM. We normally don't take over 100, but again, we have been known to use big bait.
Hunnnut:I had thought about a cooler as well. I have a 48 quart with one baitsaver that I take goldfish in...biggest cooler I can find (for a reasonable price) would be a 120 qt (30 gallon). I am hoping to be in the 40 or 50 gallon range.