Bonehead hunt this evening

Duff

Bonehead hunt this evening :banginghe :banginghe

Had a hour of daylight so I decided to go to my stand above my house since the wind seem right. Got in pretty quite until I relized I had left my thermocell ON after putting in my NEW cartridge Friday. :banginghe So Im swattin skeeters left and right until I heard something walking behind me. With lots of cover I slowly began to stand and my stand "pops". Sounded like a band member slammed to symbols together? ::huh: Never happened before. I began to hear that dreaded stomp of the hoof to my left. I looked up the hill and a 6 pt I've seen several times in my yard and a shooter bow buck 8 pt are feeding but below them, two spikes had me pegged and began to blow(because for some unknown reason the wind began to swirl). The two larger bucks finally got nervous and got out of dodge but those nice spikes decided to stick around and make some more noise. Oh yea, I broke my flashlight coming out. Great hunt :rolleyes:

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
Sounds like it just wasnt your day.. Could have always been worse.. Hope next time is better, Good luck..

Bowfisher

Duff, sounds like you need some help over there thinning the crowd out a little, get rid of those pesky spikes!!! Call me, I think I can help! :bounce:

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
Misery loves company....I was hunting with my son Sunday evening. Had a spike, a button head, and a doe come by. I didn’t shoot hoping they would continue toward my son, but when the spike got into range, he stood up and spooked him right back to me. I went ahead and shot, but went right over him. He had a confused look and walked two or three steps. I cocked my crossbow and shot again. I guess I didn’t push the bolt all the way against the string because it went about ten feet out and dropped straight down. The spike decided he would leave at this time. I got down gathered my arrows and went home. My son has been ragging me ever since. I guess that's the breaks. :banginghe

Robert

Duff

Come on Jay. I can't seem to find time to hunt them. But I need more help w/the skeeters :D