Need Savannah area inshore guide recomendations.

56willysnut

Going next week and who would you suggest? During the week.

Randy

I would suggest you call Wendall Harper and drive a little father south to fish. Savannah does have good fishing and I will be there this weekend fishing from my yak. But I don't know of any good guides in the area.

Right not the bull reds are just off the beach so you could do well just surf fishing.

savreds

Give Capt. Judy's Charters a call she has some good inshore guides.

Singlemalt

Captain Judy is the way to go. She has a guide named Jack Mcgowan that will put you on them. He put me on the hottest trout bite I have ever been on last year. Caught some reds as well.

marine3

I would suggest Scales and Tails. Davey Reddick and Charlie Warren run the thing I do alot of fishing with them and will be helping them with charters as soon as my Capt. license get here. Also I would suggest Brian Wobler- One More Cast Charters.

Scales and Tails 912-313-6718 Charlie (Fishscalesandtails.com)
912-313-0805 Davey

One More Cast 912-308-5991 Brian (Onemorecastcharters.com)

All these guys will put you on some fish and alot less money than others.

Tell any of these guys I recommended them to you. I think you will like their prices compared to everyone elses.

Any way you go if you see the Police boat out there give me a wave.

Last edited:
Brian Woelber. Fishes out of Hogan's marina on Wilmington Island. I've seen what his clients bring in.

Roger Straight (on the Backlash) does quite well also. He's one of Miss Judy's captains.

Wendell Harper guides out of 2-way below Darien. That might be fine if you were going to St Simon's but there's no point in going that far when you've got some excellent guides actually in Savannah.