Recurve arrows

killabig1

I have an Indian River recurve bow which has a 45 lb. draw weight. I'd like to try to hunt with it if I get accurate with it, but my arrows are fishtailing. The charts say I need 2114 or 2016 aluminum arrows (feathers of course).

I have switched to carbon for my compound and don't have any aluminum arrows left in that size. Does anyone have any aluminum arrows that size that they don't need anymore, and would want to give or sell them cheap?

If not I may break down and buy a dozen, but I'd rather not if I can help it.

frankwright

I don't have any arrows to pass on but I would recommend a 1916 all the way up to a 29" draw. If you are drawing more than 29" a 2016 will work but a 1916 will still be good.

Look on Ebay. I have bought all my wood,carbon and aluminum arrows and shafts there lately. You might have to look a little but you can hit on some good deals.

Good Luck!

reylamb

Heck, slap some feathers on the carbons and give them a fling, they might fly like darts. Otherwise, I also think the 1916 will be a better fit ouot of your bow.

WildmanSC

You need to provide more information. What length arrow do you use? What is your draw length? What is the weight of your field points/broadheads? The answers to all of these questions will impact the answer. The 1980 Easton chart gives the answer of 2114 or 2016 for 27.5" to 29.5" arrows and a draw weight of 45#.

Bill

killabig1

I shoot 28 inch arrows and the bow is 45 pounds. I typically use 100 grain heads, but may use some 80 grain phantom cuton contacts heads that I have.

The chart did recommend 2114 or 2016, like we said.

Glenn

I am shooting 2016 XX75 out of my Martin X200 with a 125 field point. My martin is 50@28" and I draw 27" so I am aroun 46-48 lbs I figure. The arrows are cut at 29" but I plann on cutting them down a little more. They fly very well at the moment using 3 feathers.