Cobb Corp Property

GIGLM9

Does anybody hunt the corp property in Cobb Co.? I heard that they may be extending the hunting hours do to the low amount of deer killed last year?

Meriwether Mike

I have been hunting it for several years. It is a tough area to hunt as the deer become nocturnal real quick after the season starts. There are some good bucks on the move during the rut though. I saw a good one running does in a hay field a couple of years ago. Its just hard to make a 75 yard shot with a bow. I hope to get drawn again this year.

CharlesH

Application

Southern Steel,
When do they have the applications avaliable for this. I remember hearing about it last year from you, but I was in college. I'm now back home and very interested.

J.T.

Southern Steel, what section of Corp land do you hunt? My favorite spot used to be the section off of Cheatham Hill road until they leased it to Cobb Co. Parks and Rec. I did get a permit last year but I really didn't know where to hunt. I wasn't sure the area over by Red Top Mtn. was a godd spot or not.

CharlesH, they send out application around the end of July or early August. Over the weekend I'll pm you the address for you to send a self addressed stamped envelope. When you send them the envelope include a small note requesting a hunting permit.

CharlesH

Thanks JT that would be great. How many people do they give permits to? I didnt' know if it was restricted or if there were even that many people that hunted it?

GIGLM9

The Cobb Corp property gives out 400 permits for 1450 acres. The corp property at Red Top (Webster's Overlook Area) is a seperate permit. I was drawn for both last year, but i think the Red Top permit is easier to get. You can also hunt over near Bartow County Park with this permit.

J.T.

I'm really not sure how many they give out. I don't think as many people request permits because the most popular areas aren't available anymore. For instance, there used to be great area to hunt off of Sixes Rd. but now it is a mountian bike park.

Moose Master

GONetwork Member
Its real easy to get the Allatoona Corp Land permit. I talked to the officer who runs the on-site house up there and he says really only 3 or 4 guys a year really hunt it. Access is real easy and there is some decent land, but some of it is hard to cover.