Lake Allatoona CORPS tracts(Permit Only)

It’s not really too far of a walk, but far enough for me to take the ebike if I go. We have our own(hunters, marked On map) parking lot. But from there it is a couple hundred yards past the campground onto the hunting grounds.……downhill. I’m lazy so I’ll ride the bike down to the creek. If you go down there and go to the right, you’ll find some pretty woods. The wife and I kayaked back in there this summer as far as we could get. My neighborhood backs up to it on the other side, but my property does not……..I can see the red lines on the tree 2 houses down facepalm:
Thank you for your reply! I can definitely walk there as well. Have you done any hunting in there? Was it any good? I am wondering if it's pretty crowded at the start of the season. I am planning on going and scouting as soon as Cherokee's hunting season is over. I will also definitely check out "to the right".

I read that permanent stands are not allowed but climbers should be fine if I am understanding it right?

Thank ya'll for helping a newbie.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Thank you for your reply! I can definitely walk there as well. Have you done any hunting in there? Was it any good? I am wondering if it's pretty crowded at the start of the season. I am planning on going and scouting as soon as Cherokee's hunting season is over. I will also definitely check out "to the right".

I read that permanent stands are not allowed but climbers should be fine if I am understanding it right?

Thank ya'll for helping a newbie.
Yes, but if you want to put a leaner out there, have at it. Get it out by the day after season ends I’m pretty sure And you’ll be fine. I’ve only hunted it a few times, but met a guy out here who said this place is always good for a doe or two, maybe even a buck if he’s lucky. I haven’t seen deer there while hunting, but they are certainly in all the neighborhoods!

Yes, but if you want to put a leaner out there, have at it. Get it out by the day after season ends I’m pretty sure And you’ll be fine. I’ve only hunted it a few times, but met a guy out here who said this place is always good for a doe or two, maybe even a buck if he’s lucky. I haven’t seen deer there while hunting, but they are certainly in all the neighborhoods!
thanks bfriendly! I'm gonna try to get out there soon

I had a COE permit last and went in December by the dam and Red Top Mtn Rd. I saw lots of deer. They're there and those rich folks up on the mtn feed them. I wanted to hunt that little thumb by Aqua club or Allatoona Pass but don't have a boat to get to it.

Also, Webster's Overlook looks like a good spot hunt the logging roads on the ridges or crossing point.
Webster's overlook, I was under the impression it was only bird hunting, not deer hunting. Am I mistaken?

I had a COE permit last and went in December by the dam and Red Top Mtn Rd. I saw lots of deer. They're there and those rich folks up on the mtn feed them. I wanted to hunt that little thumb by Aqua club or Allatoona Pass but don't have a boat to get to it.

Also, Webster's Overlook looks like a good spot hunt the logging roads on the ridges or crossing point.
I have been looking at some maps, are you talking about the upper or the lower tract?
Thanks!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Webster's overlook, I was under the impression it was only bird hunting, not deer hunting. Am I mistaken?
Webster’s overlook is a corp archery deer permit holder only area. I think there are 10 of them….you can Turkey hunt three or 4 of them, including Webster’s with shotguns. Permit apps are in may I think, but forgot. it Gets a lot of traffic, including me occasionally, but I’ve never had any luck there……it’s pretty though and close to me