Lake Allatoona CORPS tracts(Permit Only)

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
It’s right off Lemon lane. Just remember, those residents have to have a Corp permit to hunt them if they wanted to, also most of those home are throwing corn out there for their “yard deer”, use that to your advantage and hunt near those homes, you’ll see the trails they use.
That’s the scenario for most of these places. I can see houses from several of my saddle trees

It’s right off Lemon lane. Just remember, those residents have to have a Corp permit to hunt them if they wanted to, also most of those home are throwing corn out there for their “yard deer”, use that to your advantage and hunt near those homes, you’ll see the trails they use.
Now that is some useful information.

I’ve been there a few times and even put out a trail cam for a bit. Bartow tract is nice too with nice rubs. Macedonia is maybe my favorite. It is easily the prettiest one with a nice food plot. Problem with that one it is wedged between the WMA and gun hunters will cross through or hunt it with guns….knowingly or not. I was hunting it first time with an AR-15 and almost shot at a doe, but I did think I was on the WMA. Some nice gentlemen with crossbows explained where I was at…….I’ve had a permit ever since!

I usually go to both. Clark creek usually has the most vehicles and gets hammered pretty good, but I’ve had chances there and seen a few deer killed there too. i Also like the one way out East in Woodstock I forgot the name, but it is a rectangle shape. Again, lots of pressure.
My days off and times to hunt are Tuesday and Wednesday so I miss the weekend traffic, but sometimes drive by a few places just to see how many vehicles are there.

sit still? Me? Yeah right!
Yeah a lot of hunters go in at the campground areas that are open or by water.

I have had a permit for the last 3 years or so and it’s typically where I’ll be found. i have been to all of the tracts and I also hunt Allatoona WMA sometimes……prefer to go by boat when I hit the WMA. I haven’t had any luck yet in either spots, but that’s what are close to home and there are deer there. I’m just not that good at killing them.
How's your season been? Gone to hunt any of the CORPS tracts?

sprewett

@fdmyrick73 I haven't been to corp land yet. I've been hunting on my dad's property because it has a pile of deer coming through and one large buck. He is selling it and I want to hunt it as much as possible before it is gone.
I went to Paulding Forest opening day and have hunted behind my grandpa's house one evening but mainly stay at dads for now.
You?

Rodonne1

Another thing I would recommend, in regards to the anti-hunter community. Go ahead now and reach out to the corps game wardens office and get your local warden’s number and save it on your phone. Back when I had my permit it was J.P. Alvarez but that could have easily changed since then.

Also, for the couple times I hunted it, I never had any issues with that and furthermore, I think that 9 out of 10 times you can mediate through an encounter like that with an adult like, civil conversation, don’t ever let it go to the next level but just as a backup have the warden’s number in your phone.

@fdmyrick73 I haven't been to corp land yet. I've been hunting on my dad's property because it has a pile of deer coming through and one large buck. He is selling it and I want to hunt it as much as possible before it is gone.
I went to Paulding Forest opening day and have hunted behind my grandpa's house one evening but mainly stay at dads for now.
You?
How did you do at Paulding Forest? I went there opening day for the morning and evening hunt, and the following weekend for the evening hunt and didn't lay eyes on anything.

feathersnantlers

I had a COE permit last and went in December by the dam and Red Top Mtn Rd. I saw lots of deer. They're there and those rich folks up on the mtn feed them. I wanted to hunt that little thumb by Aqua club or Allatoona Pass but don't have a boat to get to it.

Also, Webster's Overlook looks like a good spot hunt the logging roads on the ridges or crossing point.

The camps have been dismantled. Wildlife Officer even found a FUL SIZE CABIN some guy had been living in. Yeah, the atv and dirtbikes have been a problem but he's on them as well.

hikingthehills

The camps have been dismantled. Wildlife Officer even found a FUL SIZE CABIN some guy had been living in. Yeah, the atv and dirtbikes have been a problem but he's on them as well.
I sure hope so. I was hunting out there one night and people walked down on the corp property and started shooting. I had bullets whizzing close by. I got low and got out of there quickly. As soon as I felt safe I got on the horn with DNR. They sent out an officer. As he shows up about 10 minutes till dark we hear them start shooting again. He told me he didn't want to go in there with them shooting so there wasn't much he could do. About that time 2 4 wheelers come pulling out onto old hwy 92. I asked him "aren't those illegal?" He said they were but that was a corp problem and I would have to contact them the next day. Needless to say I was rather upset.

Another time I walked up on a homeless camp. As soon as I saw it I backed out and noticed movement in the tent while leaving. I didn't make it 20 yards and started hearing what sounded like a 22 shooting I'm guessing to run me off. I called DNR then too and an officer actually went out and ran them off that time.

I've hade 4 wheelers ride up under my stand multiple times. Like I said, there's deer there but there's also headaches. :ROFLMAO:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I don’t mind the 4 wheelers…..less spider webs. I like Clark’s creek, but it’s the 1 corp property I will always carry a pistol if I go there.

Wow, I am super glad I ran into this thread.
I have been wanting to hunt the Kellogg Creek land (and others in the surrounding area) and really had no idea about much of anything. Eager to learn a thing or two. Have any of you hunted the Kellogg Creek area? Is it good here? I was telling one of the guys that I really never see any cars at the parking lot. Maybe there is no deer here haha.
Anyways Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to ya'll!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Wow, I am super glad I ran into this thread.
I have been wanting to hunt the Kellogg Creek land (and others in the surrounding area) and really had no idea about much of anything. Eager to learn a thing or two. Have any of you hunted the Kellogg Creek area? Is it good here? I was telling one of the guys that I really never see any cars at the parking lot. Maybe there is no deer here haha.
Anyways Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to ya'll!
It’s not really too far of a walk, but far enough for me to take the ebike if I go. We have our own(hunters, marked On map) parking lot. But from there it is a couple hundred yards past the campground onto the hunting grounds.……downhill. I’m lazy so I’ll ride the bike down to the creek. If you go down there and go to the right, you’ll find some pretty woods. The wife and I kayaked back in there this summer as far as we could get. My neighborhood backs up to it on the other side, but my property does not……..I can see the red lines on the tree 2 houses down facepalm:

Latest posts